missing passenger door switch connector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
may03lt 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
2000 GMC Jimmy 2 door
Installed a 5901 today, while testing the door triggers at the BCM the pass door trigger was dead....went to the pass door switch for further diag and there was no wiring or connector there!
I assumed the connector was unplugged but a search under the dash turned up nothing.
The owner admitted that the opening the passenger door would not turn on the interior lights.
So, if I was able to locate another connector, could I ground one side and run the other to the pass door trigger? Could I also run the new wire to the BCM so the door switch functions as it should?
Thanks in advance, this site was a big help todaymissing passenger door switch connector -- posted image.
2003 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy SLT
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure the pinswitch on the driver's side of the dashboard, the one that gets pushed in when you close the door, is ONLY for the key-in-ignition warning chime.
To make sure, disconnect that switch from the back. I think you'll find that the chime stops working, but the domelight still turns on when you open the door.
If that's the case, then the domelights aren't triggered by pinswitches. They're triggered by the latch that holds the door shut. Many Fords have this too.
Anyway, the switch in the passenger door is probably defective, dirty, or misaligned. It's also possible that the wire between the BCM and the latch has broken.
Read the second to last post here:
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=244446
Depending on your available time and skills, you could refer your customer to a mechanic to get the switch repaired or replaced........or maybe make some good extra money doing it for him.
You must surely already know how to remove a door panel, and how to test wires. Mechanics are generally pretty bad at both of those things.
You can probably convince your customer that with your knowledge of automotive electrical systems, you're the best choice for the job...............call an auto parts store, get a price on the latch switch, mark it up a little bit, charge maybe an hour's labor.......you and your customer will both be happy.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I too vote for trigger wire mounted to door latch.
may03lt 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Chris thanks a lot! Ill post up my results when it's all said and donemissing passenger door switch connector -- posted image.
2003 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy SLT

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic