icon

voice problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nestlee00 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

Im having a problem with my system that is driving me crazy already. i have 2 amps one for bass and one for voice... my 4 channel amp (SoundStreamtrx880.4) just bought it a week ago. I have 2 10"Evs with 2 4"dome Tweeters  ran to the 4 channel amp now the problem i am having is that sometimes when im playing music it plays fine and  then out of no where all the voice cuts off then comes right back quick. and i dont know what it is anymore....

Things i've done already

Ran new  4gauge wire

Relocated ground

Rca are new / and splitters

made sure no power wire was making any contact with ground

i really dont know what it can be anymore and i hope its not my amp! somone please help lol

thank you,kevin

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the amp is shutting down in protection mode.  What is the speaker impedance connected to each channel, and did you set the gain properly?
Support the12volt.com
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

The Evs are connected to channels 1 and 2 and tweeters are connected to 3 and 4

and i have no gain on this amp only  High and low frequency phase, level, bass boost  and everthing pretty much low ... and and system can be blasted or just at volume 10 and still will turn off and back on quickly  i dont know what to even check anymore i done checked it all

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
There is absolutely a gain adjustment, although it may be called an Input Level control.  See page 14 of your owner's manual.
Support the12volt.com
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh alright yeah the level control I have and idont have my ownermanuel don't have no idea where I placed it at
DYohn 
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
You need to set your gain properly.  Read this thread.  Also, what is the voice coil impedance of your subwoofer(s) and how are they wired?
Support the12volt.com
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
I really don't no the imedance but my sub amp is connected as.. the power I'm getting it from a distrabution block ground I'm getting it from a bolt that holds my back bottom seat and remote from the radio, and the rca from back of the radio to where it says "sw"... and its a 2 channel amp so I have I have each sub connected to a channel and the voice amp is connected power thro the distru. Block differnt ground to another bolt remote is conected from my sub amp to the voice amp and I have 1 rca ran with splitter so I can use all 4 channels for voice
My voice just turns of for a second the most.
When the voice cuts of my subs are still working...
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
Move your ground... The seatbolt is a VERY bad place to get your ground.
Clean a spot of paint from the chassis, and bolt to that.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I switched up my grounds with my bass amp and still does the same thing
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
You said you are getting your ground from the seatbolt... If you are connecting both of those grounds through a distribution block, which is what I get from your post, then
haemphyst wrote:
Just because you switched the ground wires on the amplifiers themselves, you are still referenced to a crap ground point.
haemphyst wrote:
(Geez... I'm starting to feel like i am an idiot, here...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic