icon

single filament turn / running lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b evil 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

So I've been doing some searching and haven't found exactly what I was looking for but I think I may have come close.  So here's what I'm trying to accomplish.  I'm getting ready to put new LED signal marker lights on the motorcycle but it seems that most of what I have found only have 2 wires for + and -.  So I'm hoping you all can help me figure a way to wire these so they would always be on as running lights and blink on and off as turn signals.  I figured I'd need 2 relays, 1 for each side.

Here is how I kind of thought it should be wired but I'm really just guessing from some of what I've read here so please give me some feedback and let me know if this will work or I should try something else.

30 = + for Running Lights

87a = + Source for Running Lights

86 = - Ground

85 = + wire from turn signal switch

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

b evil 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2009 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I should add to clear up any confussion that it isn't actually a single filament bulb since they are LED's but I couldn't think of how else to explain. 
esandess 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just using LEDs then why not wire the (+) to the positive sidelight (running light) feed and the (-) to the positive of the turn signal feed. This will give the same effect as the relay option you quoted but without the relay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic