icon

unlock driver's door only with actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ttranx2 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed door lock actuators on a 2004 Toyota Corolla CE with a kit I bought from Slickcar.com and installed it with a Viper keyless entry system. When I unlock the car, all the doors unlock at the same time. How do I get it to where only the driver's door unlocks with the first click and the rest of the doors with the second click of the remote? Thanks for your input.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  

ok, this is assuming you have a unit that has a dedicated output for second unlock, the relays used in the original install, remain as they are, the only thing being changed is the unlock wire, remove the unlock trigger wire (normally blue on dei units), and connect the second unlock trigger wire, ( normally light blue), then  using a single pole double throw relay, connect i like this,

pin 86 and 87 to fused at ten amps- constant twelve

pin 87a to ground

pin 30 to the actuator unlock leg only from the driver door, (the locking leg stays where it was, only remove the unlock leg from the original relays)

pin 85 to unlock wire that was disconnected from the original relay.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ttranx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I forgot to mention I didn't use relays. The actuators plugged into a module that came with the kit. All I had to do was supply power and ground. Is there any way to do this while using that module? Thanks for your help.unlock driver's door only with actuators - Last Post -- posted image.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
yup, all you have to do, is just dissconnect the unlock wire from the alarm to the unit, connect the second unlock wire, where that was connected, remove the actuator unlock leg from the driver door only, and connect the relay and both unlock trigger and actuator leg wires t the relay like i mentioned in my previous post.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
In that kit, are the two front actuators equipped with five wires instead of the usual two?
If you unlock (or lock) one of the front doors by hand, do the other three automatically follow?
If the answers to both questions above are "yes"........
Those three extra wires are to "tell" the control module that you've moved one of the front doors, and that the other three doors should also move too.
One of those five wires coming from the front door is the signal to unlock the other three..........you have to get rid of that. If you don't, as soon as your extra relay (as described by t&t above) opens the driver's door, the other three are going to "follow" anyway.
So, out of those five wires from the driver's door, test them. One will show a ground (or maybe even positive, test for both) at all times whenever the doors are unlocked. The ground will go away when the doors are locked.
Once you find that wire, cut it, and verify that unlocking the driver's door by hand does NOT cause the other three to follow.
At that point, continue with wiring up the extra relay as listed above.
ttranx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the driver's and front passenger's actuators have 5 wires and the two rear doors have 2 wires. I'm not sure If the system has a dedicated output for the second unlock. How do I know if it does?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
check the install guide! and you will have to do as chris said and disable the central locking.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic