icon

2004 tahoe problem not a duplicate post

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedracertjl 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
As soon as I mention that I am getting a check engine light on a 2004 Tahoe I know most of you will say "Hey buddy..read the forum...duh, its the 2nd ignition (white wire) not getting hooked up" I wish that was the problem. That being said thanks in advance for everyone's help.
I installed a Crimestopper RS4 remote start with Crimestopper GM DL bypass module this afternoon. I have installed more RS's on these trucks than any other vehicle out there and I am at wits end. I made sure the RS4 is set to the second ignition jumper and confirmed all my connections. I even called Tech support and the Shawn suggested isolating the 2nd ignition with a relay because of possible backfeed. I purchased a scan tool to read the codes(all 6 are transmission related) and reset the check engine light. Also, after reading numerous posts on here about these trucks I hooked up the brown wire(which I have never hooked up) I have no clue what else to look for guys. Some days I am so glad I don't install remote starts full time any more. 2004 tahoe problem not a duplicate post - Last Post -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
You have confirmed all of your connections..... Have you put a meter to the second ign. to verify voltage?
speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have confirmed all my connections and yes the second ignition is putting out 12 volts during ignition and crank.
Racing video game fans unite at
TheRacingGamer.com
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

i remember something about the envoy ,where there is a white wire in harness that can not be powered up before crank... only during and after!

Not sure if this has anything to do w/ yours??

THIS TRUCK HAS A NEW TYPE OF IGNITION SYSTEM THAT MUST BE WIRED AS SHOW BELOW. THE WHITE WIRE AT THE IGNITION HARNESS

ACTS AS AN IGNITION AND CRANK WIRE, AND MUST BE POWERED DURING CRANK AND AFTER CRANK BUT CANNOT COME ON BEFORE CRANK

OR ELSE THE STARTER WILL ENGAGE TO EARLY AND OVER-CRANK. THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT MAY ALSO COME ON IF NOT PROPERLY

CONNECTED BUT SHOULD TURN OFF EASILY BY DISCONNECTING THE VEHICLES BATTERY MOMENTARILY. CAUTION: THE WHITE WIRE WILL

TEST AS STANDARD IGNITION WIRE. ALSO, DO NOT CONNECT TO THE YELLOW AT THE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

{here it is]

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE: It's working now. The jumper pin for the IGN 2 from the Crimestopper RS4 was broken. Can I bill Crimestopper for my time? hahaha. Thanks for the suggestions guys
Racing video game fans unite at
TheRacingGamer.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic