< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tanshin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
My car info: 1996 Nissan 240sx
My Alarm unit: Autopage 315
My Pager unit: DEI 795T
I had an Autopage 2600 in my car when I bought it. It burnt out from not being installed correctly. It was hooked up to a DEI 795T pager unit. The pager unit was fine but when the shop installed my Autopage 315 they said they could only hook it up to the door trigger. IE, the pager only goes off when the door is opened.
I really would like it to be hooked up like the old one was, so that my pager goes off whenever the alarm is triggered, not just when the door is open. Can I do this? I don't see why not, I would just hook the brown wire from the pager unit to the siren + but it only pulses low voltage short pulses so it does not stay steady long enough to trigger the pager unit. Maybe I need some sort of relay?
Any help would be great, and if I posted to the wrong section/area please forgive me as this is my first post here and I am still getting my bearings around the forums.
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
So, no help? No ideas at all?
Any help would be great, I'm waiting patiently.
Thanks in advance!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
your post is kinda vaugue, what exactly do you want to do with the siren and the pager, the alarm only goes off when the door is triggered, if so, you could probably wire your other contacts to the door input, you could also wire your sensors, but they would show up as a door being triggerd anyway, and not to mention full trigger and warn away would be the same on the pager if you did that. sound like the directon you're thinking off, if not, then explain a bit more in detail, and maybe then more advice might come your way, cheers.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for being vague, my first time here and am trying to learn more about what details I need to list. Don't want to mess up and post a lot of useless information if need not be.
I'll try to make it clearer. The alarm goes off from shock sensor or from the door being opened. I can get you the wiring diagrams for the pager unit, that at least shows the wiring diagram. I want the pager unit to trigger whenever the alarm sounds, not just when the door opens. I can offer any information that I have. I just don't know exactly what I need to do.
I'm not technical, I do OK with wiring. I just know that it used to work that way with the old alarm unit. I thought that both units being from autopage I could set it up the same way but have no clue as to where to begin.
Thank you again for responding, and please have patience with me as I am trying to learn how to use these forums.
I really hope that helps!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
i'm not familiar with your specific unit, but if only the door trigger causes the pager to respond, them maybe you could wire in your shock sensor full trigger output to the door contact, the warn away would not be reported to the pager though
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to understand what I need to do. Thank you for the information, maybe this will be helpful, the link to the PDF install instructions for the DEI Pager unit. (it is a old unit)
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=DEI+795t
I cannot find an online install guide for the Autopage 315, but I will keep looking.
The guy at the shop told me there was no way to hook up this or any other pager unit to the Autopage 315 in any other way than the door trigger for some reason they cannot explain... They charged me $320 for this unit (including installation) which is very high since they didn't tell me about the pager situation until it was already installed... I really think the guy is just trying to get me to buy a more expensive unit ($600+) and after I complained about just paying him over $300 he said he would knock off $100 for the old unit.
I'm just tired of getting ripped off and want to try to do it myself. At least I know I won't rip myself off.
And the door trigger to shock sensor trigger, that sounds perfect for what I want to do, just not sure exactly how it works.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
well, i saw the diagram in the link you posted, anyways, does your unit have an off board shock sensor, the diagram made no mention? that's the only way this is gonna work. unless, you get help from someone like mr.idiot to make the connections inside the control module.
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
The pager unit itself does not have a off board shock sensor. The alarm unit itself (autopage 315) does however have one. I'm not sure which wires to try hooking up to which though. I don't want to ruin anything, but I am willing to try.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

tell me what colour wires you have coming of the sensor, there should be about four wires,

red- twelve volts

black- ground

green- warn away

blue- full trigger

once you verify this we can move on.

tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Confirmed, Red Black Blue Green.
Page of 3