autopage 315, dei 795t pager, 1996 240sx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tanshin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

mr jworm, he said that only the door trigger sets off the pager, which is why i recommended he use the relay and the diode connected to the door wire of the shock sensor trigger wires, since he wanted the pager to also page when the shock sensor was triggered although it would ahow up as a door trigger on the pager anyway, he mentioned that he just wanted it to work,

and mr tanshin if what j worm suggested does work, you have been giving me wrong info!autopage 315, dei 795t pager, 1996 240sx - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

You are correct, I don't care how it triggers or what it triggers as. I just want the pager to go off when the alarm sounds. Right now only the door trigger is hooked up. Everything I told you is correct to the best of my knowledge. I am learning as I go, just trying to not get ripped off again/more. If I have given any wrong info I apologize.
JWorm wrote:
t&t, I don't believe he said that the shock sensor wires were ever connected to the pager unit wiring. That is the problem. He needs to connect those.
tanshin, if you have the siren wire connected to the pager unit you should disconnect it. It should only be connected when the alarm does not have a ground when armed wire. If it has not been connected already, the ground when armed wire needs to be connected to the pager unit. Also, you need to install a diode on the ground when armed wire that goes to the starter kill relay to prevent the ignition input from backfeeding to the pager, or else the pager will keep going off if the shock sensor is ""shaken" or a door is opened when the ignition is off and the alarm is off. That would be annoying.
No, the shock sensor wires are not connected. No, I don't have the siren wire connected to the pager. I will try to connect it tomorrow as you have described, if the sensor keeps annoying me I will find someplace to buy a diode. Sound about right?
Like I said I am new to this and the guy at the parts store looked at me funny when I asked if they had any one amp diodes, said they don't have anything that doesn't have a part number... Made me want to slap myself on the head for even asking. I'm not sure if any of the radio shacks are even open in this town any more, I will do a google search in the morning.
Thank you both once more for all the help.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Search for "1n4001" on radioshack.com
They come in a two pack for $.99
tanshin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked everything up like described and everything works wonderfully! Now I know they were trying to rip me off, and will never go back to that shop again. In fact I will try my best to learn as much as I can so I can do what I need to myself.
Thank you for the help, I feel my car is much safer now!
dcorwin822 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly why I've NEVER taken my cars into shops to have electrical work done by other people. With a little study time, little electronics background, lots of reading forums and such and I've installed 2 bulldog systems (3yrs ago and I didn't know any better), replaced bulldog systems with DEI Viper 160xv, installed a 3rd 160xv and a python 1400xp(essentially a 160xv lol). Fixed a buddy's autopage RKE system and countless auto repairs from bad or old wiring. And all the mistakes I've made were cause of carelessness on my part. Forgetting about the parking lamp jumper or mixing up the starter wires, my only two mistakes.
I LOVE MY MULTIMETER!
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2010 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  

here is what i just did on the work bench.

i used a 550esp viper and 795t and 2 508D units we will name them 508DA

and 508DB for reference.

on the 795t i used the orange GWA wire and not the siren input..

and i did not use any shock sensor at all.
i hooked 508DA to the shock sensor input and tapped 508DB's blue and

green wires each respectivly into 508DA's blue and green wires but

poweRED / grounded 508B from a source other than the shock sensor input.

then a tapped the blue wire from the 795t into the blue wires from the

pair of 508 sensors. NO DOIDES WERE USED DURING ANY OF THIS WHOLE TEST.

even though each 508D was only triggered enough to warn away, the pager

STILL went off. and of course went off also when either 508D went

"red".

then i removed 508DB's blue wire and the 795t's blue wire from the mix

and connected them to the regular multiplex wire on the 550esp main

harness.

the ONLY time the pager went off was when 508DB went"red".

the pager remained quiet through ALL warnaway and 508DA going red(which

still set off the alarm like a good boy).either 508D could warn away

and not trigger the pager.

THEN.... i took 508DA's blue wire and moved it from the shock sensor

input to the blue multiplex main wire with the 795t blue wire and the

508DB blue wire.

the system worked perfect. no warn aways triggered the pager and all

and "reds" triggered the pager right along with the alarm going off.

i hope this helps.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2010 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  

test number 2. check this out..

i connected both 508d sensors to the blue mpx wire except this time i used some diodes and

put each sensor on a different pager channel.

i tied the zone 1 wire from the 795t into 508dA and then through a diode and into the blue

mpx wire on the 550esp.

then i took 508dB and tied it to the zone 3 wire of the 795t and through a diode before

connecting it to the same blue mpx wire.

even though each sensor would report a different zone to the pager, they would also set off

the alarm reporting on the 550esp's zone 4.

my next test will be to use two 795t modules simultaniously and have one report as car A and one

report as car B to the same pager and see if i can monitor 6 different zones of paging from the same car while

i only have a few zones available on the 550esp.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic