icon

remote start turns off at disarm.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lordtie 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I just put in a Avital 4400 in a 99 Chevy Express Van. First let me say I have been install DEI units for almost 10 years now and I have never seen this before. Everything works fine but if you remote start the vehicle with the alarm armed then disarm the alarm the vehicle dies. The key pad does respond and says the remote start turned off. The bypassed I used is GMBP. Does anyone have any idea what’s wrong?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
Did you maybe confuse the GWA and the GWR wires? Ground Out when Armed, Ground Out when Running?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
Does the van re-start again right away? Are you using Virtual Tach?
I have some kind of DEI unit in one of my cars I was playing around with......it does exactly that.
My theory is my car has 10 domelight bulbs, five door lock actuators (station wagon), and of course the parking lights.......
So when I hit unlock, the ten domelight bulbs come on, the five actuators draw even more power, and then the parking lights are flashing on and off.
I think the remote starter thinks there's a voltage drop going on, that the car stalled and that the system needs to restart the engine.
Just a theory that I can't really confirm. But hook up tach and see if that fixes it.
lordtie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Does the van re-start again right away? Are you using Virtual Tach?
I have some kind of DEI unit in one of my cars I was playing around with......it does exactly that.
My theory is my car has 10 domelight bulbs, five door lock actuators (station wagon), and of course the parking lights.......
So when I hit unlock, the ten domelight bulbs come on, the five actuators draw even more power, and then the parking lights are flashing on and off.
I think the remote starter thinks there's a voltage drop going on, that the car stalled and that the system needs to restart the engine.
Just a theory that I can't really confirm. But hook up tach and see if that fixes it.
Every thing is factory in the vehicle. There is only 2 bulbs and factory door locks ( 2 in the front and 1 in the rear). I was able to cut the door trigger and test all my connections and everything is testing right. As soon as you disarm the vehicle you can hear the alarm clicking more then it should after disarm. Then the vehicle turns off.
lordtie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Did you maybe confuse the GWA and the GWR wires? Ground Out when Armed, Ground Out when Running?
Well I can say this is the first time I have installed these new bypass mods. I only used 4 wires off the mod. Red for 12volts, Black for ground, Brown to statues and Purple for the Bus wire in the OBD 2 connector.
Chris Luongo 
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Bypass or GWR shouldn't have anything to do with it. Once the engine starts, you could unplug the bypass module and it would make no difference.
You didn't answer one of the questions from before.......does it restart after it dies? Or does it stay off?
The remote starter should have some type of diagnostics mode too, where it'll show you the reason for the last shutdown.......hood, brake, et cetera. That's a good starting point.
lordtie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Bypass or GWR shouldn't have anything to do with it. Once the engine starts, you could unplug the bypass module and it would make no difference.
You didn't answer one of the questions from before.......does it restart after it dies? Or does it stay off?
The remote starter should have some type of diagnostics mode too, where it'll show you the reason for the last shutdown.......hood, brake, et cetera. That's a good starting point.
Yes I did forget to answer them. No the remote start doent try to restart it self so it just stays off. I get no respones for the diagnostice mode. I thought it would be the bypass because this is te only thing I have not done before (These new ones) and let just say this is a very easy vehicle.
Chris Luongo 
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm.
Well, usually if the car's voltage drops too low, most systems will shut off, but then they'll try to re-start the engine again.
But, it has to somehow be one of the safety shutdowns on the unit:
brake
hood
neutral safety wire
control switch
Maybe open the van's door, but latch it closed so it's like normal............then test all of those four inputs to see how they're behaving when you disarm the alarm with the remote start running.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic