remote start setup, 2002 hyundai accent

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cecilpeter 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone,

I recently got the Remote Start Alarm System that Iam trying to get installed to my 2002 Hyundai Accent, all the wirings in the diagram seem to be straight forward except for the Remote Start Section where Iam getting confused, please see attached diagram.

The pic says +12V, IGNITION,ON and START connections , also the Module diagram shows +12VON (2ND) connection connected to the key switch as well as the IMMOBILIZER circuit.....hence I cant figure out where to actually connect the wires as the Hyundai Accent 2002 model comes only with a single IGNITION Wire as shown in the table below.

|              12V                          |red                                         |+                             |ignition harness           

|          STARTER                   |white                                     |+                             |ignition harness           
|         IGNITION                     |green                                     |+                            |ignition harness           
|        ACCESSORY              |yellow                                   |+                             |ignition harness           
| SECOND ACCESSORY   |blue *1                                  |+                             |ignition harness           
Please help me to sort this out guys .

Also at the very end of the attached pic there is a point which states "Connect Start Check (WHITE/ Black) cable to positive of Battery Indicator on Dashboard"...is this the actual Led indicator that blinks momentarily when the key is turned on? If yes then it means I need to openup the dashboarremote start setup, 2002 hyundai accent -- posted image.d for this connection?

Awaiting replies from you....please help.

Cheers,

Cecil.

cecilpeter 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

remote start setup, 2002 hyundai accent -- posted image.

This is the second piece of the page , had to do this because of the file size.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Don't use the second ignition, N.B. This unit is a piece of garbage, it's telling you to immobilise the car via cutting the ignition, something you should never do, also is there a tach wire and you will probably require a factory immobiser by-pass.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Just checked with Directechs, you won't need a by-pass but use the second ignition for your second accessory.
cecilpeter 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

That means:

+12V to Constant Power from Switch or Direct Battery

Starter Wire to Start Wire of Module

Ignition to Ignition Wire of Module

And the rest of the connections could you guide me ?

Also what about the "Connect Start Check (WHITE/ Black) cable to positive of Battery Indicator on Dashboard" mentioned at the end of the pic ? How do I connect this ?

Sorry about the detailed questions , just need to make sure that I dont missout on anything :)

Cheers,

Cecil.

cecilpeter 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

Hi All,

I just got to know that the Start Check - WHITE/ Black Wire needs to be connected to the Tachometer / RPM wire .... but the Wiring Chart indicates a +positive sign next to this Wire and I always thought that the output from the Tach Wire is AC and not DC...how would I then be able to connect the Tach Wire to this +Input?

Please advice.

Cheers,

Cecil.

cecilpeter 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
cecilpeter wrote:

Hi All,

I just got to know that the Start Check - WHITE/ Black Wire needs to be connected to the Tachometer / RPM wire .... but the Wiring Chart indicates a +positive sign next to this Wire and I always thought that the output from the Tach Wire is AC and not DC...how would I then be able to connect the Tach Wire to this +Input?

Please advice.

Cheers,

Cecil.

Also.... Is the RPM wire and a Tach wire the same thing? remote start setup, 2002 hyundai accent -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yes RPM = Tach, your problem with that WHITE/ black wire is one of the various reasons I've asked you not to fit that piece of junk.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

cecilpeter, Howie has 40+ years of talent under his belt...... He is suggesting that you NOT put this thing

in for your own good.  You will, and ARE, struggling with the install.... and this is just the beggining my friend!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

KTM, I once tried to install one of these, just look at how it breaks the ignition, unsafe rather than the starter, thus also no antigrind,  I installed one of these about 2 months ago, got so mad at the piece of junk, + the fact that the customer's father made an attempt and half ruined the dashboard, tearing my hair out just trying to make it work as an alarm, customer realised what was happenning, ended up installing a Cliff with Intellistart, no probs.....Apart from losing the install fee first time around, hence my feelings toward this piece of junk.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic