icon

broken car starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stu_nb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 94 Cavalier, it has a remote starter that was professionally put in before I bought the car.  Well the other day i was on a drive on a very bumpy road and I  did something to my car, I have no dash lights, none,  any where.  And the remoter starter and keyless entry thing, (all aftermarket), don't work, when u press the start button the heater fan turns on, and some relay clicks, there is also a buzzing noise that doesn’t stop until u press the brake to shut it off.  If u press the un-lock button the main remote box clicks and then buzzes some more. But the power lock solenoid doesn’t click nor make any attempt to unlock.  I have no idea where to start, im hoping its not fried.

Any help would be great

Stuart Macdonald
94 Cavalier, w/ Sony head & Pioneer speakers, I live on Deer Island, in Canada, its in New Brunswick
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
broken car starter - Last Post -- posted image. broken car starter - Last Post -- posted image.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Start by checkign the fuses. IT sounds like soemthing got shorted out...check all fuses...the alarms, and the cars...from what I know of, even if the alarm is shorted that shouldn't keep the dash lights from working. also...I am assuming you can start teh car with the key, and that the locks all work with the switches. After you check the fuses post back what you found...or e-mail me...
Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
check some of the ground pints, sounds like a dodgy ground connection somewhere
stu_nb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

well i put my old pro-start control box in and changed the fuses and it works again, im not shure my old box was even broken.  Everyithing works fine exept the dash lights. if u press the start button the car starts fine and the running lights come on along with the dash lights.  But the headlights or parking lights do'nt do a thing, the dash remains dark.  Not good for driving at night

Thaks for the fuse tip,

Stuart Macdonald

94 Cavalier, w/ Sony head & Pioneer speakers, I live on Deer Island, in Canada, its in New Brunswick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic