icon

2005 honda pilot compustar cm3000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

hey, I've been working on this truck for a couple days and am having a few problems.

first of all, my customer bought this unit online and has no warrantee on the unit. secondly, the status wire is faulty, and he doesn't want to have to buy another unit. I can understand his situation, but it makes life hard for me.

I have to make my own status wire.

the other problem I'm having is that his one touch driver side window doesn't work. I've spoken with a couple of other installers I know and they said that this has happened to them before and it seems to go away after a while without any changes to the wiring. anybody else come across this? I've been told it seems to happen more in acuras. not a big surprise, this pilot is a lot more like an acura than a honda.

other than that, no real trouble, it will start when you ground the status wire, but I have to make my own so the car doesn't end up having a drain, or worse kick out the keys.

as for making a status wire I was thinknig of diode isolating the keysense wire (I have to power the keysense in this car also or supposedly I'll have trouble with the dome light), using the key side as the input wire to break connection to ground and the car side to power my keysense. I'd use another diode to block current from powering up the bypass when the keysense is active from the actual key. sound right?

sort of tearing my hair out on this one. I tend to do that when I think the car should be easy and it isn't, or stupid problems come up during the work.

thanks for any help.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

What all is connected to the status wire?  It could be current limited to 200Milliamps or so.  It could be possible for us to repair the unit. 

jinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
just the keysense and idata status. not an unreasonable load.
jinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
the bigger problem here is of course those windows. thoughts?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Keysense/domelight: If you turn on ignition-controlled doorlocks, so the Compustar unit locks the doors at key take-over, you can get away without hooking up keysense.....the domelight will go out when the doors lock.
Status wire: This car only has one ignition wire, and two accessory wires......one accessory wire is just for the radio, and you don't need that.
So, hook your Ignition 1 to the car's ignition wire, hook your Accessory to the car's Accessory wire.
Now you've got the Compustar's Ignition two output free for your own use. Make a relay like this:
85: ground
87: ground
87a: nothing
85: Ignition 2 from remote start.
30: Here's your status output. It'll make a ground whenever the remote starter is on.
Auto-down window: Possibly the battery was disconnected and needs to be reprogrammed?
Every car's a little different, but usually, you just turn the car on, put the window down using the button, and then even when the window goes all the way down and stops, keep holding the button for a few seconds.
Try doing that both by holding the switch just to the first click, and then also try by holding it all the way to the Auto position.
If none of that works, I think there's a small control module in the driver's door. My mother had a '90 Accord and I think I remember replacing it once. Maybe they do go bad, I'm not sure.
jinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
thanks man. gonna try that. thanks for the precise info you might be saving my life :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic