icon

can i use the kientik hc800 to start car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whitemike0110 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Can i get the Kientik HC800 for starting my car and used for 1000watts worth of power. I want one of these batteries because they are very easy on the alternator, and has a CCA(cold cranking amps) of 750. I have a 2000 Toyota Solara, would this be beneficial to me and would this be smart? Or should i get the HC600 as a seperate battery in the trunk. I just don't want it to be harder on my alt but the ESR on these batteries are very low. Right now i have a pretty much stock battery. I killed the stock one but this is a reg bat no deep cycle or nothing.
Thanks for any help
MIke
Hello.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
I do not know about the magic stuff that makes them easy on your alternator, but yes you can use it to start your car.
whitemike0110 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
I do not know about the magic stuff that makes them easy on your alternator, but yes you can use it to start your car.
Magic sutff on your alternator. The ESR is very very low levels compared to a regualar battery so if you know anything bout ESR levels then you would know it's how their made not "magic" I would have a hc800 up front and a hc600 in my trunk and it still would be less stessful then a stock bat on my alt.
Hello.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
whitemike0110 wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
Magic sutff on your alternator. The ESR is very very low levels compared to a regualar battery so if you know anything bout ESR levels then you would know it's how their made not "magic" I would have a hc800 up front and a hc600 in my trunk and it still would be less stessful then a stock bat on my alt.
I'm afraid you'd be wrong in that little assumption...
If the ESR for charging is LOWER, then it will by Ohm's Law DEMAND MORE CURRENT. This little fact makes it harder on your alternator. Ohm's Law can't be argued with. (And I *DO* know about "ESR levels"... Do you? Or are you just regurgitating the fluff you read in their glossy little flyer?) Do you even know what ESR stands for?
Once they are charged, ANY sealed lead-acid technology (hell... ALL electrochemical storage technologies...) will use lower charging current, but if you pull it out faster than you can put it in, (whether using the Magic of the Kinetik BattCap, or a standard wet-cell battery) then you WILL be stressing upstream components... This means your alternator.
Bring it... can i use the kientik hc800 to start car -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Was hoping for a "ohhhhh i brou-ought it" Glossy little flyer... How dare he...can i use the kientik hc800 to start car -- posted image. Its kinda like waiting for the crash in Nascar...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Help me figure this one out. If you have an audio system that pulled 100 amps of current all of the time, and you had only a single lead/acid battery under the hood, how much current would the alternator have to put out in order to keep the battery charged? Now the same scenario with a Kinetic battery under the hood, how much current does the alternator have to provide to keep that battery charged?
I knew they had to have special jumper cables, but I was not under the impression that they really did make magically free current.
can i use the kientik hc800 to start car -- posted image.
They must be Chinese cables, they misspelled Kinetik

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic