icon

finally its here

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigrank916 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

So I was snoopin around the web lookin at FI subs with steve meade and thought...lets check it out. Went to the site and bamm! They finally have an order site with all the prices for each sub and their upgrades. I know it was just a little while ago the site didnt have it. When did this happen?  Hell, glad it does now.

I now want to order one obviously and wanted any feedback on this woofer. I dont really see many posts or info about them here but Im new here so I probably might not have noticed older posts.

Im going to have the box built by my local car audio shop. Hopefully they wont stick it to me too much for the price but Id hope it would be to exact specs. Id love to try my hand at it but not sure if I couId.

I want an 18" BTL fully loaded daily driver with dual 2 ohm vc. It will be powered by the RF T20001bd amp in a 91 Silverado w/o the back seat. It looks like a perfect combo and the heart stopping bass Im looking for.

Anyone have any comments on this woofer or this type of application?

whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
It is definetly a beast of a sub. It is going to give you a lot of bass, especially in a pickup.
The FI BTL is known to be a great SPL woofer and is great for loudness. So I'm sure you will be happy if that is what you are looking for.
As for an enclosure, I have made a couple for the BTLs. The 18" BTL enclosure will need to be huge between like 7-10 cubic foot or so. It will also weight around 120-150 lbs or so. When I built one it was just shy of 150lbs. Make sure the local shop puts a bunch of bracing in the enclosure. A double baffle front will be a good idea as well.
bigrank916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

Yes that is pretty much what Im lookin for. Retarded bass.

Is there any certain way the speaker should face? I was figuring towards the back of the seat. Ive had other speakers face the roof and the back of the cab just to see what happens...and it sucked. Way too much vibration and rattle. I thought it was a no go for downfiring since the sub is so big but I dont know.

I seen some rectangle boxes where the sub is all the way at the end of the box. Usually on the top, but does it always have to be like that? Can it be centered?

Also is the RF T20001bd a good choice to pair with it? I am looking for a powerhouse amp w/o the inflated numbers and figure the RF is probably underrated.

Thank you whiterob for the comments and keep them comin everybody.

panerailover 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
why do you need so much? isn't SQ system much better and more njoyable to listen to? with all that base you can't hear mids or highs.. so retarded.. Unless you build it for SPL competition, no need for that much bass
01 Lexus GS430 SOLD.. 04 BMW 545i Sport, NAV Logic7
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
But that is what makes america great...well that and capitalism ...Always trying to out-do your rival...Always trying to be the loudest,fastest. Go for it...If you want to just be retardedly loud...Its like a disease...and since you will damage you hearing...4 subs are in your future...Better buy a motorhome or just re=inforce your frame(sarcasm, since my sarcasm font is broke)...Man that sounds like a heavy box...And who knows maybe this is what he needs to start competing.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
eric21 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

DLOMONOSOV wrote:
why do you need so much? isn't SQ system much better and more njoyable to listen to? with all that base you can't hear mids or highs.. so retarded.. Unless you build it for SPL competition, no need for that much bass

Thats why you put a sub fader control and turn it down when you're feeling like a woman.

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
"...Thats why you put a sub fader control and turn it down when you're feeling like a woman."
ROTFL!!!
I was drinking soda when I read that....got it all over the computer monitor. LOL
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
bigrank916 wrote:

I seen some rectangle boxes where the sub is all the way at the end of the box. Usually on the top, but does it always have to be like that? Can it be centered?

That is usually done for numerous reasons. It is typically done for a ported enclosure where one side of the enclosure is a slot port. You would not be able to put the sub there because the slot port is there.
There may be other reasons why they are at the end but it will not effect the sound for a ported or sealed enclosure. You can mount it in the center or any other place you want.
bigrank916 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

I want that much bass because...I can have that much bass. Its my truck right? And who said I wasnt doing anything with the mids and highs? SQ is nice though, but not what I want right now. Who knows, maybe when its all said and done I will go to a show. Been to one before a spectator and it was cool.

But that is what makes america great...well that and capitalism ...Always trying to out-do your rival...Always trying to be the loudest,fastest. Go for it...If you want to just be retardedly loud...Its like a disease...and since you will damage you hearing...4 subs are in your future...Better buy a motorhome or just re=inforce your frame(sarcasm, since my sarcasm font is broke)...Man that sounds like a heavy box...And who knows maybe this is what he needs to start competing.

By the way Im not trying to "get a better system than my buddie" or "out-do" and blah, blah, blah. I just want a louder system then my last one. But u guys r funny. Everybody is always talkin about going deaf too! If thats the case why doesnt meade have hearing aids cause that dude has some serious spl.

That is usually done for numerous reasons. It is typically done for a ported enclosure where one side of the enclosure is a slot port. You would not be able to put the sub there because the slot port is there. There may be other reasons why they are at the end but it will not effect the sound for a ported or sealed enclosure. You can mount it in the center or any other place you want.

I want to center the woofer in the box behind the 60/40 seat. I want a long slot port on the bottom of the box so then it will blow across my amps (they will be mounted on a display board on the floor) and give me a ghetto ac on the back of my feet.

Also I already ordered a Sundown Audio saz2000d for the BTL instead of the RF T20001bd. It was on preorder and is cheaper than the RF. Ive heard good things about them and really wanted the saz3500d on presale but 850 is just a little too much money right now. Maybe I will switch before the presale ends though. It would be a badass amp. 

Thank you for the input guys...and the jokes!

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
In most SPL cars...The owner is OUTSIDE OF THE CAR...finally its here -- posted image. During testing...Yeah i guess the Heart Stopping Bass comment kinda threw me off...What is the OSHA safety...15 minutes of exposure at 115+ DB is harmful...Need it loud-er b/c you are already deaf-er
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic