'07 tahoe hdlt assembly removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
67impala427 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I need to remove the headlight assembly on an '07 Tahoe but can't quite figure out how.  I removed the 2 bolts on the top of the assembly and I see the 2 pins on the side behind the side marker.  Is there a screw or clip/hook or something on the bottom?  Any assistance is appreciated.

Alex.

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

Found this on internet...

Remove the six bolts on top of the grill.

Remove the two (7mm) screws, three push pins, and two pop style pins in the wheel well.

Pull the wheel well lining towards you and remove the two 10mm bolts that go upwards into the fender, this should release the bumper mounting bracket.

Remove the three 10mm bolts holding the headlamp in. Two were obvious on the top of the lamp, the third is behind the bumper, which is now accessible throught the wheel housing.

Gently pull the headlamp forward. Note: there are two allignment pins that insert into the sheet metal fender on the outside edge of the headlamp. They are fairly secure and will need a bit of tugging to get free.

Note 2: The headlamp is larger than the fitting it resides in, so you will have to push down on the facia, and pull a bit on the grill (this is why the first set of push pins were removed across the grill). BE CAREFUL, the headlamp is a three piece design and there are forward facing clips that are part of the lamp that can easily scratch the bumper when removing the lamp.

I recommend getting a piece of cardboard and inserting it below the lamp, forcing it down gently, to assist with the removal and provide some shielding from those forward facing clips.

When done, I assure you the lamp will go back in much easier, just make sure you have tested your connections before putting it all back in.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
67impala427 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

Wow, thanks Tommy.  A lot more complicate than I thought but i think I can do it.

Alex.

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Of course you can do it...Go sloww...Put all your bolts ,push-pins etc...in order...as you take them out...And your very Welcome!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic