icon

6.5 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
first my set up MBquart 6.5 component front stage powered by a kenwood 500 x 4 . 2 12" mb quart discus in rear of single cab dodge ram pu.
now my question: i want to know if putting a set of 6.5 subs in my rear panels would give me nicer sq or more bass? they would be about 130watts rms probably some jl audios thanks
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
panerailover 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
I would.. I like quality bass, nice and tight.. check JLs
01 Lexus GS430 SOLD.. 04 BMW 545i Sport, NAV Logic7
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
what is the difference between a 6.5 " subwoofer and a mid bass driver?
the frequency response was just about the same30-300hz . I also would like to know what you think about ma audio stuff.
'
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
MA Audio started life as Mobile Authority. Here is a sample of their earlier work. And yes that is a pack of Marlboro Cigarettes in the amp so you can see how much area is unoccupied.
You really need to check out the JL subs
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
can 2 2ohm svc subs be hooked up to a bridged 130x2 4ohm amp wihtout damaging the amp or the subs?the amp is stable at 2ohms i beleive.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you can connect one speaker to each channel of the amp. The amp will produce it's maximum safe amount of power into the 2 Ohm stereo load.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
My favorite small subwoofer is the 6.5" from Tang Band. spmpdr asked what's the difference between a subwoofer and a standard woofer, and the answer generally is Xmax.  A subwoofer is generally designed with a lot more linear excursion capability than a standard woofer.  MA Audio is a cheap brand to be avoided.
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
thanks everyone , dyohn on those tang bands, are the 5.25s good too? the reason I ask is that is the stock speaker hole in the cab of my truck so I wouldnt have to modify it to fit the 6.5. they also match my usb specs perfect thanks for the link.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

spmpdr wrote:
thanks everyone , dyohn on those tang bands, are the 5.25s good too? the reason I ask is that is the stock speaker hole in the cab of my truck so I wouldnt have to modify it to fit the 6.5. they also match my usb specs perfect thanks for the link.

The 5 inchers are OK too.  Nice way to augment the low end.  Just don't expect big woofer boom.

Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
do you know what the mounting depth on those6.5 s are the specs are in a formula i dont know. also do you know the mounting depth of the rear panels for a 2003 dodge reg cab 1500? or anywhere i might be able to find that info, thanks again great link
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic