icon

94 honda civic door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
how would i check if the alarm wires go to ground when it is unlocked? Any Help would be appreciated..
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,671
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
You need to make sure the wire goes to ground when you press the unlock button.  Set your meter to the Ohm selection.  Ground one lead to the chassis of the vehicle.  The other lead to the wire in question, while pressing the unlock button, the meter should read very near 0 ohms.  It should only read this when the button is depressed.  Not anytme  the door is unlocked.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
Stop your panic and read my earlier post.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

the more sensitive setting would be ten. Also, that civic would have central locking, i can't remember civics of that age having a rocker control, the power lock module would be located in the driver door, the connections really are easiest here, in comparison to the back of the fuse box location, if your compustar has onboard relays then you can  set it up  to work the actuators, in this case you would only have to connect the driver door actuator and the rest is done, the actuator wires are RED / yellow and WHITE/ black i think, or you can check at the module in the door for the negative trigger, you really can't get any simpler, check with your meter to verify,

lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2009 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
i tried that .. this car is loved hardcore. moved the ground like 5 times nothing makes it work. what wires would be positive on the power lock module? the black and White? i need to get this piece of doodie done so i can move on with my life. does anyone have a wiring diagram for a compupack?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

do you have a meter?

also post your wiring diagram for the compupack, i might be able to tell you which does what.

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
As howie and idiot told you earlier.....Make sure that you are getting a ground output from the alarm wires WHEN YOU PRESS the corresponding lock/unlock button ONLY.  Lock wire gives you a ground signal ONLY when you press the lock button and the unlock gives you a ground signal ONLY when you press the unlock button.  Read idiot's post...he explains how to do it.  If you do not get a ground output then there is something wrong with the brain. 
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2009 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
i did that and the unlock has negitive power all the time. So is the brain bad or is the ground for the alarm is not good enough? that is why i want to convert polarity of the wire.. But is there a option possibly that makes it not pulseand makes it a solid output cause the last car had the compupack in it. (converts polarity so you can use it on +door lock cars.) I do not have a wiring diagram to the compupack that is why i asked if anyone had a wiring diagram laying around that they could upload and help a brother out. I am no trying to be mean to anyone but i checked everything. The unlock wire has a negitive output all the time that is why when i touch it to the unlock input on the car it unlocks the doors.. So should i try moving the ground around to see if it corrects the problem? im at a loss. Lets say the brain is bad how would i get it warrantied or a new brain? Im not a certified compustar installer however i am a certified DEI installer. Will they warranty the brain if im not a certified installer. What else should i be able to do to make this thing work. Or should i just make the customer buy a new dei alarm and just all it a day. The car does have problems though like the car will only redline at 5500rpm when factory is 6500rpm. With the chiped ecu the car should rev to 8500rpm. So should i not feel so bad and tell the customer that it just isnt gonna happen .. I dont know anymore.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

Changing polarity for the locks will not help you in anyway because the locks are negative.  I'm pretty certain that your ground is not the problem...you've tried different spots with the same result so we can eliminate that as a cause.  the only other thing it could be is the brain, electronics do fail and that seems to be the only explanation left.  The fact that it's a continuous ground and not a pulse on "activation" leads me to suspect the brain.  How long was it in the other car before you removed it?  is there a second unlock or possibly a disarm wire?  if you really want to stick with this unit then you'd have to test all the other wires coming from the brain and see if another wire possibly gives ground when you hit the unlock button.....yes, test EVERY wire since you don't have a wiring diagram.  Not sure about the warranty, call compustar and ask them.  If you're straight up with the customer...tell him/her everything you've tried to try to get this to work, they should understand.....bad brain!     

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
i will try the second lock unlock output or the disarm wire..
thanks for the help
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic