icon

some loud bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nissan370z 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  

i want a louder system.. something pushing like 2500 to 4000watts rms.. i saw the hifonics goliath and i really like that amp but i cant decide on two 12's i would need.. i would probably need a new alternator too.. im not quite sure what else i would need tho.

ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
Haha, I like your style. However, to properly harness and utilize that power your dedicating your vehicle to audio. When crossing something around the 2000w bridge you will need a combination of sources generating and storing VDC. The preparations needed to oppose the energy that can be expelled from that power should be on your mind.(SOUND DEADENING) I am a fan of 1400w rms setups, 1000 for subs, 400 for highs. Its enough power to permanently damage your hearing without changing too much of your cars original design. SUV's are better for high power because they got space to put things and space to allow the sound to process before killing its listeners. The amount of bass Im assuming your wanting will require top quality highs to even things out. Possibly requiring modified mounting locations. Is it your intention to completely modify this car?
This is what I do for FUN!
nissan370z 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

well there is a problem.. i dont know if i should put it in my work car or buy another car cuz there is no way ill put that in my 370z..

my work car is an acura 3.0 cl if you are not familiar with that.. its a car with a trunk similiar to a honda accord. i use to have an eclipse so i thought about buying an older eclipse since its hatchback and i love the way hatchback sounds. yea im also going to change out the rest of the speakers and instal some other amps..

as far as modifying the car yes to a certain extent if i need to do so but what would i have to modify if i put a 5000watt amp like the hifonics goliath? unless you recommend something between 4000 to 2000 watts.. i want at least 2000watts and i really like the hifonics amplifier line.. not quite sure on the speakers ive been looking at RE and DD, image dynamics, crossfire, and some other brands.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
check out the autotek MM4000.1D. and a set of RE audio XXX 12's. you wont be disappointed. you WILL NEED a new high output alternator of about 250A, all new main wire from the alt to the battery and battery to ground, possibly some capacitors(last thing i would worry about), definitely a ton of sound dampening, and it would be better to have a 2nd battery but its not a necessity.
IF you have the space to put all of this plus a 4-5 cubis foot enclosure, plus more amps for your highs(because you will want to hear them too, right?) and places to run the huge wires without them looking bad, then go for it.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have seen the Zapco-C2K-4KW push two jlw7's in a Accord before. After 5 gallons of fiberglass and 1.5 sheets of 3/4" MDF (not to mention) 10 cans of undercoat on top of 2 layers of dynamat extreme. With that much bass, he used 2- 10 inch midbass drivers(custom rear panels), 6- 6.5" mids(custom door panels) and 4- horn tweets(custom in dash). Start with the engine upgrades, ALT., cables, battery and high quality connectors. Keep us posted!
This is what I do for FUN!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic