icon

looking to upgrade from 2 10 type r's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
taurus91 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just joined the forum and just started getting into car audio so mind my newbie-ness please! I'm looking to possibly upgrade my current trunk equipment. right now i have 2 10" type r's in a pretty large ported box (not sure of the volume, a local shop known for good boxes built it) and an alpine m1000 amp with an extra shuriken 850 cca battery.
Now i was thinking of getting the box redone (reinforced, tuned for a little spl comp) and upgrading the subs. As far as subs go, my budget for them is around 400 a piece, and i was wanting probably 800-100w rms. I've heard a set of 12" mojos and they sounded really good in this guys suburban, so i can imagine the 10s would also sound pretty damn loud as well so any sub suggestions would greatly be appreciated! as far as the amp goes, i was wondering if i should just get another m1000 or sell my current one and get one large 2000w amp. I was looking at the MB Quart 2000w discus. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
stay with the type r's i have some also. what is the size of the box and the port . reason i am asking is that i built mine to specs and i was kinda iffy on the alpine specs reasin being the port has to be smaller than most of the other speakers out there, they sound really well the only thing they do take power to move them so the amp you have might not be suitable. i have a pdx1.000 to each.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
dont buy from shops, unless you the person well to hook you up. where i live, they always to try to rip me off. shop around ebay or sites online. i buy ALL my gear online, i never spent a penny in local shops. but if you want to get good clean pro status setup then its cool. pdx.1000 to each? you can do that but lay off the gain a bit. type r 10 .. 500 rms right? i say 600 rms and they are good. i have a type r 12 hooked up to a mrp-m500 and it sounds okay (to my ears) i think it can take another 100 rms. they dont sound good with the m1000?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Type R's come alive in 1/4 wave resonators.
I had one Type R 12 in a 33Hz line with 1200 watts...louder than my friends two Type X 12's with 2000 watts in a ported enclosure.
just because the shop built you an enclosure doesn't mean that the enclosure is the optimal for the setup...there is always room for more output with the same subs.
Custom Enclosure Design

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic