icon

car alarm install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayrebb 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing an eagle eye 90-902c, I have a few minor questions about a few things and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

First off my car uses a negative pulse to lock and unlock doors, one wire for lock one wire for unlock, my question is do i need to run these wires through a relay to my alarm brain or can i hook the wires (that give a negative pulse from the brain) directly to the lock/unlock wires.   I wasint sure if i neede the relays, its got factory keyless (not the remote kind)

I would also appreciate any other comments or hints, i got most of this figured out just wondering about the keyless entry mostly. but if anyof you know anything about:

-good brain locations
-best way to tap into wires in a harness
-Oh...one more thing i really need to know, whats the difference between "door trigger neg" and door trigger pos." on the brain? is it just whichever my car uses or should i be using both

thanks, Kenneth

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
year make and model please
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Qveon 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
jayrebb wrote:
-good brain locations
-best way to tap into wires in a harness
-Oh...one more thing i really need to know, whats the difference between "door trigger neg" and door trigger pos." on the brain? is it just whichever my car uses or should i be using both

thanks, Kenneth

A:Good brain locations: Anywhere but the steering column. Seriously
B: Best way to tap: If you get your self a set of quick automatic wire strippers, you can strip the middle of the wire without cutting the wire. this leaves everything in tact.
C: the difference between + and - door trigger is what your car uses to tell that the door is open. Like a Ford uses positive so when the door is shut there is no power in the wire, but when the door is open, it shoots 12v through the wire. in this case the door trigger on your alarm would be set to +. Neg is like on my honda. The wire is empty when the door is closed but when you open the door, the wire grounds. In this case your alarm should be set to - door trigger.
This same princple applys to your door locks too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic