i am finally at it again push start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rutcgr18 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I've never touched a basic stamp, but I do have quite a bit of exposure to Atmel AVRs and a minimal amount of PIC knowledge.

My RFID based pushbutton start system in my G35 is completely self contained (two Atmel processors) and operates like OEM (down to the IGN/ACC switching and the "push and release" tach based starting).

you and i will def need to chat.  I have my stamp coded the same way push once with out brake pedal is acc and push a second wiht out brake ign and if you push brake and button should start.  So i think i am going to run the whole thing from the stamp makes more sense.  I was thinking for the ign should i make a latching realy setup.  What are you using?  Also do you have any pics? What did you with your key ignition removal?

Thanks

Mike

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

Why would you use a latching relay when you have a microcontroller?  When the brake is pushed down and the button is pushed turn on an output and keep it on until the brake and button are pushed again.

I went a step further since my Infiniti doesn't have RAP for the radio and I keep the ACC on until the door is open.

Kevin Pierson
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

I like the radio feature may have to add that one.  So you keep your pin high which is attached to regular relay which has the wires for the ign correct?

Mike

KPierson 
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

Well, it's not attached directly to a relay, it goes through a Toshiba Darlington transistor array first, but yes, I'm using standard Bosch style automotive relays.

My hardware is basically a copy of every remote start / alarm system hardware out there - uC -> transistor -> device

Kevin Pierson
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I've never touched a basic stamp, but I do have quite a bit of exposure to Atmel AVRs and a minimal amount of PIC knowledge.

My RFID based pushbutton start system in my G35 is completely self contained (two Atmel processors) and operates like OEM (down to the IGN/ACC switching and the "push and release" tach based starting).

I just tried to send you a pm says you can rescieve them

KPierson 
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry about that - my box has been emptied!
Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic