icon

489/v/p/x remote programing issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jspekbb6 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hello.. I have a Matrix 10.5x, a while back, my alarm was working just fine. Than I dropped the remote.. and that was the end of that... well I finally got a new remtoe, but it won't program... I open the door, turn the ignition 3 times and on the forth I goto program... press the valet button x amount of times... it chirps I press the remote button, it beeps once... than I let go of the button (still holding the valet) and press the button again, but I don't get 2 beeps to confirm that it was programed. Any ideas? I'm stuck.
jspekbb6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
btw : it's on a 2001 Honda Prelude.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
try this:
turn ignition to the on position, (not 3 times)
press the valet button once, release
press the valet button and hold it in
press lock on the remote (if successful you will hear a long chirp)
turn ignition on, you'll get a long chirp to confirm you're out of the programming menu.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
jspekbb6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
so don't let go of the valet button until the car is on?
jspekbb6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
okay just tried that. does the same routine... beeps... than press the lock, it beeps again.... started the ignition... than as soon as I do that it beeps and than sounds a short siren... and thats it.
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2009 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
alright ill try to describe it a little better.
turn the key to "on" position, do not start the car, just turn it to the point where all of the lights on the dash board come on.
press and release the valet button once
press and hold the valet button
the alarm will short chirp once (beep)
press lock on the remote (you might get an error tone from the remote at this point)
if the alarm successfully learned the remote, it will emit a long siren chirp, (uwoo uwoo)
let go of the valet button
turn key off (i may have forgotten to mention this last time, sorry)
the system will emit another long siren chirp (uwoo uwoo)
that sound will confirm that you have exited the menu.
jspekbb6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like what I've been doing.. but when I press the lock button I get one beep... than I turn it off.. .and it beeps and than does the siren thing... but still nothing, but I'll try again in the morning.
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like who ever installed it locked out programming mode.
if you're getting a beep chirp when you press lock and not a long uwoouwoo chirp, then they've locked it so that you can't program. either that or it's reached maximum amount of programmed transmitters.
you can reset the unit back to factory specs, but all programming will be lost (remote start settings, etc) once reset, the unit may require programming again to remote start.
Call a few local Best Buys and see if any of them have a bitwritter tool. leave the unit accessible and drive down to a local Best Buy with a bitwritter and have them unlock transmitter programming (if that's the case) as long as they can just go and plug it in without having to pull the car in or take anything apart, they shouldn't charge you.
jspekbb6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
already did that had a shop hook it up to a bit writer and make sure it was unlocked and they reset it, and adjusted a few settings on it. and tried to program it... but since they were busy they said "the matrix 10.5x is one of the most tricky alarms out there. just takes time and patience to program the remote"
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm, This is essentially a Viper 5000, which is VERY similar to a Viper 791xv, WHICH was a popular alarm at Best Buy, anyone who's installed quite a bit of these should be familiar enough with it to be able to tell you in a matter of 10-20 minutes what the problem is.
The only other thing I can think of is the max amount of remotes has been learned. The easy way to delete it all is using an existing transmitter and instead of pressing the button once and releasing it, you do it 11 times then hold it on the 12th and press lock on an ALREADY learned remote to the system.
The other thing you can try is using a bitwritter to ZAP it, or unplug it and use a screw driver to touch all the pins together. Both of those methods will erase EVERYTHING though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic