icon

remote wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazymuddin 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
i need to know if there is a way to run my remote wire from my sub and hook it up with out the amp protecting its self. i think the power anteanna is blown because i dont get any juice from it. so if someone knows how to bypass it or rig it up let me know
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Your post makes absolutely zero sense. Try rewording it again and get it straight as to what is hooked up to what and where.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

If you think you don't have a remote signal you can temporarily jump power from the positive battery terminal on the amp to the remote terminal.  If you do this (just to check to see if the amp works) make sure you disconnect the current remote wire first. 

It also wouldn't be a bad idea  to use a 3A or smaller fuse to jump between the two terminals, just in case something is shorted out in the amp. 

As far as hooking it up so your amp isn't protecting itself that makes no sense at all.  Not even a little bit.

Kevin Pierson
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
So are you saying when everything else is hooked up and you attach remote...Protection light comes on...What kind of radio...What is the remote hooked to currently? Most radios have a blue/white on harness specifically for amp turn on.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
crazymuddin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
when evrything is hooked up and i got juice to the amp its always protected. the reason being that i have to hookk in to something else is that the remote wire on the head unit dont work(or blown out). the amp is fine it turns on but its protected. thats hooked to any power wire and the fuse box the same thing happens. i think its just too many amps running on the remote wire. now i hooked the remote wir up to one of my speaker wires on the head unit on a low volume and it was fine. turn up the radio it protected its self. i just dont know if there is something in the van i can hook up to that isnt to powerful but just enough to power the amp
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

The remote wire draws an extremely low amount of current - I don't think it's possible to hook the remote wire up to a wire with "too many amps".

I would try replacing the amp.

How did the remote wire on the head unit get damaged?

Kevin Pierson
crazymuddin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
the head unit is a planet audio 50x4 watts cd. 160x160 320 watt amp nothing big. now when everything is hooked up and i try my remote wire in the fuse box on 10 amp memory its to much. it just protects its self. now i just tried something today and hooked it to a speaker wire on the head unit on low volume and it was fine. turn the volume up about half way and it started to blink on the highs. so i think now my ? is what would be 3-7 amps in a van???? any thing if ya now. i know it sounds stupid as hell but the remote wire wont work on the head unit at all. trying to save money lol like everyone else
crazymuddin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
my cousin bumbass doesnt tell me untill i have a problem o the remote dont work.... lol but any way the amp seems to bee fine. i hooked it up to my speakers and it worked on a low volume and then i turned it up and it protected
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Try taping the remote wire to the acc. Wire on the radio but fuse the wire just in case, what brand amp is it ? I've seen a cheap boss amp act like that when no remote signal was present it would stay in protect mode till power was disconnected from the amp. Hope this helps in your trouble shooting, oh yea if your headunit only has the power ant. Wire and not a amp. Turn on wire ,it will only be on when your on fm or am no reason for that wire to have power other wise, but test it with your dmm.
well?
crazymuddin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
its a cheap one yea but ill check it out tomorrow thx for the advise
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic