icon

re audio brand?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I never even heard of this brand until I got on this site, is it a reputable brand? my local dealer says that its one of the best sub makers out there .He is willing to make me a deal on 2 12 for 200 bucks they retail at his store for 200 a speaker. they are the sr series. Is this a sweet deal? checked out there website and they looked great but you know how websites can be. please help
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
RE is an awesome brand, very reputable although they are a newer company. the SR is one of RE's entry level lines but at that price it is still a good deal and they are still good subs.
mantis_rr 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
This is a great brand and that is a good deal. I have 2 12 SX subs by RE and they are awesome.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet!!! thanks guys Im going to get them after work, I dont have a test tone to break in my subs as ive seen in another thread here is there another way?
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

here is a link to a post about breaking in subs i seen a link on there where you can download a test tone https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73120~PN~1~TPN~2

If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
RE audio is not really a "new" company.  They've been around for at least 8 years (former name resonant Engineering) although the ownership changed a couple years ago to the same Chinese company who also bought US Amps.  I have not heard anything bad about the quality of the newer product lines, but I have not heard anything particularly good either.  Any dealers here who can talk about their newer product lines?
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I downloaded a test tone from the site provided and no sound was heard it was at 80hz am I supposed to hear it?or how does it work?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

spmpdr wrote:
I downloaded a test tone from the site provided and no sound was heard it was at 80hz am I supposed to hear it?or how does it work?

No sound was heard where?  What did you do with the test tone?

Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I opened up the file and set it to 23.5 hz to 2200hz ,but first at 80hz.I tried to play it through my computer but didnt hear anything. I dont know how it works could you please explain? thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic