icon

2000 dakota dome light delay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all, hoping that I can get some help. I've got a 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT that I installed a Viper 5701 remote start, keyless and security system into. Everything is working fine with the exception of the delayed dome light. Basically, when you shut the door, the dome light stays on for 30 seconds or so. I have the necessary wire from the Viper, but I can't seem to find the wire to connect it to inside the truck. Basically as it is now, I have to wait for the dome light to kick off to arm the security system. Anybody got any tips?

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
 DOMELIGHT / ALL DOORS Yellow At courtesy light under dashpanel   - 
 You can also find the doorpin wires on a BLACK plug on the left side of the brake pedal. BLACK/ BLUE for the driver's door, TAN/RED for all the other doors and TAN/BLACK for the hatch. The factory alarm disarm LT.GREEN/ ORANGE can also be found on the plug.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
Your viper CAN be programed to "ignore" that dome delay!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic