icon

2003 expedition stock sub .

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtparker18 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys. I have a 03 expedition Eddie Bauer. My stock HU burned up 2003 expedition stock sub . - Last Post -- posted image..  I ended up installing an Eclipse AVN5510 and now my stock amp and sub do not work (figured it wouldn't). So is there a way I can wire it to work with my new hu? or would I have to replace it with a new sub and amp? You guys are prob saying "add a box and a sub" :p. I already have a 13w7 in a ported with a 1000/1. Basically I want this for when I play rock or something that I don't want a lot of bass which I have my remote on a switch but then I have no bass at all. I'm doing this mostly because I have an amp and all the wires I need plus I enjoy doing this stuff. :p

Also, can anyone give me a write up on how to get the stock sub out?

Thanks in advance!

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
It is located in the RR of truck...??? I believe you have to take all the plastic off from the seatbelt back...I think you remove seatbelts w/ a big star bit...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Did you purchase a wiring harness to install the aftermarket deck?  If so, go back to wherever you bought the harness and tell them that you have the system with the factory sub, there is a harness for that too.  They may sell it separate, but I know it comes with the radio harness if you buy the harness for the premium sound harness.
mtparker18 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

tommy... wrote:
It is located in the RR of truck...??? I believe you have to take all the plastic off from the seatbelt back...I think you remove seatbelts w/ a big star bit...

Yeah RR. Is the plastic held in by clips?

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
the amp is on the righ rear side by the factory sub. there might be some screws that hold the panel on but other than that it should be just clips and you might have to take the panels off in a certain order so be careful when you do it.
once you get to the amp you need to find the input plug. this is the plug that does NOT go to the factory sub and comes from the radio. 3 of the wires you find at the plug should be 12v constant, ground, and a switched 12v to turn the amp on. YOU NEED TO CHECK EACH WIRE WITH A METER OR YOU WILL PROBABLY MESS SOMETHING UP.
once you know which wires are the power wires, the other wires that are left should be the signal wires. you should verify these wires by metering them with the car on to check that these wires dont have 12v on them. if you dont get much of a reading then these are probably your signal wires and there should be 2 wires or 4 (mono or stereo input) once you do this let me know what you find and i should be able to help you more.
even though it is possible to do what you want to do, i would first try to find a harness like I am an idiot suggested

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic