the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ipod connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Yes it should work...The cable you linked up is using a plug on the back of the Factory radio which is like an aux...It is still using the stereos power to drive the speakers...The ipod alone Tapped into speaker wires would only be using the ipod...Also i dont think that harness charges the ipod...Which doesnt seem like a big deal...But in the long run it does suck...Your radio does have the circular ,black, din , 8 pin plug on the back...?? Also they list 1.5 weeks to ship...And you still need the rca to headphone jack cable... http://www.activetuning.com/products/universal/PXP01 is the harness they recommend if you also want to charge ipod...
havent you heard? its not an Ipod. yeah he just dropped that little bomb in his last post. so good luck charging it unless he has a car charger for his MP3 player.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

QUOTE]

havent you heard? its not an Ipod. yeah he just dropped that little bomb in his last post. so good luck charging it unless he has a car charger for his MP3 player.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...sooo are we done...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

QUOTE]

havent you heard? its not an Ipod. yeah he just dropped that little bomb in his last post. so good luck charging it unless he has a car charger for his MP3 player.

Hmmmm...sooo are we done...

[/QUOTE]
yeah, i think we are done. HHHIIIIOOOOOO silver...AWAY!
marcinisko 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
yep - looks like it should work ... now the most time consuming part : taking the dashboard apart ... I do not have a clue where to start
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
marcinisko wrote:
yep - looks like it should work ... now the most time consuming part : taking the dashboard apart ... I do not have a clue where to start
01 altima? automatic transmission i assume.
pop off the trim bezel around the shift knob carefully and there should be 2 screws under there that hold the trim around the radio in. after you get those screws there might be 2 more screws close to the top of the radio's trim bezel. if they exist take them out and the rest is held on with clips from behind. it shouldn't be that hard to pry off but still be careful not to break it.
after that you should see the screws that hold the radio itself in. take those out and that should be it.
marcinisko 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

got it. thanks so much for all ur help - I was thinking I needed to start taking apart the side covers to get to the radio this way.

soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
marcinisko wrote:

got it. thanks so much for all ur help - I was thinking I needed to start taking apart the side covers to get to the radio this way.

no, those cars are pretty simple. just use common sense, if something feels like it wont pop out then you should be looking for screws. if it has never been taken apart before the clips might be a little stiff but that is about it.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
If some embarrasment played into not listing the brand...Who cares i cant see you from my house anyway...Just post what you have and unless it is going to damage something, nobody cares...! And congrats on the install, what harness did you use...?(or just popped out radio to see din plug)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
marcinisko 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for all ur help. I was able to dismantle the whole thing and get the radio out .. so assuming I will be able to purchase that aux-in jack ...do you think I  can hook up my notebook to the plug ? I mean headphones  out (notebook)<-->aux-in plug. Once I start playing music on my notebook do you think I can pass it thru the car speakers ? thanks !

http://www.activetuning.com/products/nissan/multiple/NI-MP-AUXINPT-ALXT/installation.php

soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
if it works for your MP3 player then i see no reason that it wouldn't work with a notebook.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic