icon

2 dual stage sensors and 1 port

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reelizmpro 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a K9 Mundial 3 alarm with 1 4-wire sensor port. It comes with a dual zone shock sensor. I want to add a dual stage microwave proximity sensor as well. Can I just splice them together without a diode?
The alarm comes with a negative trigger wire for aux sensors but since my microwave sensor is dual zone, I'm trying to keep the warn away feature. Thanks in advance!
reelizmpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just temporarily hooked the wires together and when I armed the alarm, it would go off shortly after with the inclusion of the mircowave sensor. So I armed it again and walked away from the car and it still went off. I'm going to play with the sensitivity tomorrow morning.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
You need the diodes to stop feedback which might be causing the problem, also check your wiring and what level you set the prox, try it on its own.
reelizmpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I went ahead and wired in a diode for each stage on each sensor. Works now, except I can't get the 2nd stage (interior) to trigger on the proximity sensor. Just keeps warning away and when I increase the sensitivity it just goes off after the alarm is armed. I'm using a generic prox sensor from Wolf. I hooked up green to green and blue to blue. Green on the sensor is pre-warn and red triggers the alarm. Is this standardized? is green pre-warn on the Omega/K9 shock sensor?
reelizmpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok, just to update, the asianwolf sensor (full trigger) seems to have a threshold. At this threshold, a touch less sensitive and it doesn't trigger at all. A touch more sensitive and it triggers all the time regardless of movement. Dual shock works fine. I used 1N4004 Diodes but that shouldn't be an issue. I don't know what to make of it. Defective unit?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic