Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
and sorry soundnsecurity for the PM, i thought i clicked post reply ;-/
novice electrician, professional tinkerer
red line auto 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
it sounds to me like the connection inside the sub box is loost or the wire you have running from you amp to the sub and not connected properly. I would suggest replaceint teh wires that go from you amp to you subs with new wires and properly attach them to the amp and the sub box.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

Or the terminal cup on the back of the box is bad...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
night fox31 wrote:
and sorry soundnsecurity for the PM, i thought i clicked post reply ;-/
you got mail
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I guess if you switched the wires and the other sub was doing IT ! It has nothing to do w/ the cups...So you just switched the wires going into the cups on sub box, and the other sub started cutting out...?? Try that w/ the RCA's and see if the problem switches sides...Flip/switch the red and white rca's going into amp and see if  IT  happens...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
night fox31 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  

i tried that as well. and it gets a better signal now. but the cutting out part still occurs, and it doesnt occur when i switche the  nob on the HU to the Right or Left speaker. so only one sub is playing at a time. or when i turn the bass all the way down on the HU then it stops too... the wires are fine, i replaced them today with equal sized wires and they still do it. which is annoyying personally.

im going to move my LOC from in the trunk where its located now. to somewhere in my glove box. (removable interior. fuse box is inside) its easier access and WAY less possibility for interferance. but also i wont have a mile long set of wires running from the HU to the trunk for speakers, then BACK to the amp in the front of the car... thats like 14 feet of wiring and coaxle put together. talk about lengthy...

and one last question, anyone know where to get longer power cable without a kit?? mine is too short to get anywhere but under the passenger seat. and my 1000 watt cant fit under it :-/

tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Most shops will sell it by the foot...So when you turn down the settings , the sub stops cutting out...?? I think you are trying to get too much out of these subs...! These are the all red duals...? Next time the sub cuts out, push on the sub and see if it comes back on...You said THEY still do it...Both subs are cutting out...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

I am going nuts reading this.... I tried, but got myself a BIG headache tryin to keep up.....novice installer professional problem - Page 2 -- posted image.

Im sorry, I just had too!

i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

I would take everything out and start over when you have time to do it right without hurry. Take your time and check all connections. Dont leave any connection with just bare wire. Have you read the sticky about setting your gain if so then you would know if thats all the bass you can get from the amp/speaker combo. I see that you cut alot of corners with your install. If you set it up right then you will know its not the install its the equipment.

If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
night fox31 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

yes 12" red duals...  before. just one sub would cut out, but i tested the wires  attached to the LOC in my trunk. i believe i had them backwards so i switched it, and now they work fine, but now they both cut out for a different reason, i think my amp is getting starved from "juice" because when it hits. the lighting on my amp dims ALOT, another replier on this post suggested my ground was bad, and i havent checked it twice

but when i first installed it, the bolt had surface rust, and so did the bar it ran through (seat mount) so im going to grind down the bar and get a new bolt. and if that isnt it, then its either the bare wires from the LOC conversion. (which im going to move to behind the radio soon for less interferance.)  or its my stock HU.. but i doubt its my HU.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic