icon

cliffor 50.7x in an 02 chevy 2500hd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raggdout63 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Im getting ready to install my 50.7x in my truck pretty soon and was wondering if anyone had any pointers. I installed an Ungo RS/ alarm system into my 99 yukon a few years back. I didnt have any major issues with that one. Is there going to be much different from the two alarms and trucks. Also what bypass module does you guys recommend. It looks like the 02 2500 bypass module doesnt control any auxillary functions like doors or windows, only passlock. Any and all help appreciated.
Erik
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
if this is the newer DEI module, there are some added wirings, nothing that will confuse you. everything else is the same. a lot of features are added.
use DEI 555L, check you popular online auction. it cost under 10bucks.
if you're in Houston, come by my place and I will give you a bypass for free. I have some of those that's ready for trash take-out.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
raggdout63 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I started on the install today. Finding a place to put the brain was a PITA! The truck allready has a XM module and an interface module to the deck so not much room left. I ended up finding a place to put it. Started wiring it up. I have a couple of questions though. I ended up getting an XK06 bypass with PLXR programmed. The instructions say to hook up the brown wire to ground when running. What does this go to on the alarm? Or do I just ground that wire? Also will I need relays to lock/unlock the doors? The factory "alarm" wire is light green. Do I break this or tap into it? Im sure Ill have more questions later. Thanks,
Erik
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
don't do clifford but if it's dei, then the brown wire will be connecting to your blue/white wire of the alarm, also you just tap into the factory disarm.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
don't do clifford but if it's dei, then the brown wire will be connecting to your blue/white wire of the alarm, also you just tap into the factory disarm.
if it is DEI it should just be solid blue. it will be called "status output -200mA" or "ground when running)
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
dont ground it but hook it up to status output, blue wire, 5pin connector.
it's a type A door lock- positive trigger, low current (~200mA)
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
raggdout63 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot for all of the help so far. Its really helped out. I guess if I would have sat down and made a spreadsheet or hand written something instead of looking at 4 different sheets of paper this would have been easier to understand.
This is a DEI unit... 5701 I think. Now for round 2 or 3? The Door trigger input is a (-) that I can pull from the courtesy light, correct? So does that make the violet + door trigger input unnecessary for me? How do I connect the dome light output? Do I use a relay or can I hook into a wire somewhere? Do I need to use the WHITE/ brown light flash isolation or just tap into the parking light wire at the BCM? and the last one for now is my aux 1 output my first door unlock and where can I find the progressive lock in my truck? thanks in advance for the help.
raggdout63 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
I just noticed that I dont know what wires on the alarm are my door lock/unlocks. Sorry for all the questions.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

raggdout63 wrote:
I just noticed that I dont know what wires on the alarm are my door lock/unlocks. Sorry for all the questions.

What???cliffor 50.7x in an 02 chevy 2500hd -- posted image.

raggdout63 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok what I should have asked is my factory arm/disarm also my door lock/unlock. Otherwise no where in the Install guide does it mention lock/unlock.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic