icon

equalizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dred 
Copper - Posts: 158
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys what do you all think of the planet audio PEQ-15 Equalizer is this a good product to buy?

http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/507

dre
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Never used it but the parametric aspect looks tight. I've used Zapco and now I got Clarion's EQ7. Bless you for preamping. Nowadays general music needs all the help it can get.
This is what I do for FUN!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
dred wrote:

Hey guys what do you all think of the planet audio PEQ-15 Equalizer is this a good product to buy?

http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/507

there are a bunch of aftermarket radios that have the same features as that eq built in. i wouldn't spend money on a parametric eq.
dred 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
oh ok so what that of Eq would you buy? Is a graphic EQ better?
dre
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
parametric EQ's are just simpler to use and like i said, most new mid-level radios will have pretty much the same features as the EQ you had in the link. but, if you really want to have some control over your sound then you need a graphic EQ . instead of the generic bass, mid and treble, you have actual center frequencies that you can adjust. but, graphic EQ's are only more useful if you have more than 4 bands and you have to understand a little about how they work if you want to use one the way it was meant. i use a 9 band kenwood eq and it took me about 2 weeks of minor adjustments and a lot of listening time to get the sound the way i wanted it.
why do you want a separate EQ? are you just trying to make your system louder?
dred 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
well just to get my bass more defined and mids and highs
dre
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
A spl competitor might find that preamp useful. Their music is that simple. NO OFFENSE, haha. If a producer mixes in high punch bass or a blaring snare in your rap music, a in dash EQ can save the day. Is your system compatible?
This is what I do for FUN!
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
dred wrote:
well just to get my bass more defined and mids and highs
not sure what it will do for your bass because most EQ's are mainly for mids and highs with maybe one slider for sub bass frequency. what do you mean by "more defined"? what is the "problem" you are having that makes you want an EQ? if your bass sounds sloppy on fast beats then you should be looking to redesign your box or turn down your sub so that it blends more with your mids.
a sub will only be playing from 30hz to maybe up around 120hz so it will be hard to get any kind of "detail" in a span of 90hz. to get detailed bass it needs to blend together with your mids. a good graphic EQ can help with that but i doubt a simple parametric will do much.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds more like he needs a better sub, or box design. A eq is good for tuning, no for fixing problems in your sound of your sub. What are you using for your sub, box size. That will help others to understand what is going on. And what are you really after more defined where? Do you want it more accurate? Or to hit harder in the low end?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic