the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

problems remote starting when hot outside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 771XV installed in my 2002 Nissan Maxima. I did the install myself about three years ago. Everything works fine when the vehicle is in the garage, but as soon as it sits out in the sun on a hot day the remote start will start the vehicle and immediately kill it...it will continue to do this for thirty seconds or until I stop the remote start sequence. I have tried remote starting with my key in the ignition to see if it is a problem with my 556w bypass module but the problem still exists even with my key in the ignition. Anybody have any other ideas to try? Things to check? Thanks!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Is it hooked to tach or tach-less??
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
cpuguy06 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
The tach is hooked up, but I believe the jumper is set so it is tach-less.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  

When you tried the key in the ignition, did you unhook the 556?  I have never heard of this happening with heat, but they are infamous for not starting when extremely cold.  If it starts with the key in ignition and the 556 disconnected, try repositioning the loop that goes around the ignition switch.  

I really have no clue if this bypass has a loop.  If it does, try the above.  If it does not have the loop, read my username and forgive me for taking up the space.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
cpuguy06 
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
When I put the key in, I did not unhook the 556. I have had no problems with it starting when cold and I even used this when I lived in North Dakota for a year and had no problems with it. I wonder if heat is another temperature extreme which causes the 556 to quit working? But if I stick the key in and it still doesn't start...kinda leads me to believe I need to do a tach relearn. I'll have to double check my jumper to see if it's tach-less or not.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
If you insert the key and do not disable the 556, it is now seeing 2 keys.  The only way to test this is to insert a key and disable the 556.  If it starts OK in that situation, You can be pretty sure that the halo needs to be repositioned. 
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
So your saying that it starts fine when it is not hot outside right? so why are we concentrating on the 556uw bypass instead of a tach problem? Take out the jumper and set the the remote start to tach mode and program tach and see if it still has the same problem.  Let us know what you find out about it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

I vote for a tach issue!

The bypass don't care if it's hot outside...problems remote starting when hot outside -- posted image.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

What happens if you start the car with the key when it is hot, then remote start it and remove the key?

This will completely, 100% eliminate the bypass from being the problem.

If the car continues to run with no issues then it is most likely a bypass issue.

If the car shuts off and restarts it is an engine feedback issue (ie not getting tach or voltage or whatever you are using for feedback).

Kevin Pierson
cpuguy06 
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

What happens if you start the car with the key when it is hot, then remote start it and remove the key?

This will completely, 100% eliminate the bypass from being the problem.

If the car continues to run with no issues then it is most likely a bypass issue.

If the car shuts off and restarts it is an engine feedback issue (ie not getting tach or voltage or whatever you are using for feedback).

I was finally able to get my car to exhibit this problem again. It started fine with the key, but not remotely...it wouldn't stay started. I got in and started the car with the key, double tapped the start button on the remote like I would normally do when I want the car to run, but take the keys with me. I turned the key to the off position to pull them out. At this point the car is still running. As soon as I pulled the keys out of the ignition there was a slight grinding sound and the car died. I take it my tach wire is messed up?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic