icon

rca line out converter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunn256 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
I need to install a Rca line out converter in a 2004 honda accord  could any one give me advise on going about wiring it to the factory hardness
presicon audio
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I usually install a LOC (line out converter) behind the factory radio. I would suggest you do the same unless you have no plans to replace the radio in the future. That way if you change the radio, your rca patch cables are already there. If your never going to replace the radio you can grab the wires you need for the LOC at the rear speakers. The rear speakers on your car are in the rear lid and can be easily accessed from the trunk.
Your basic LOC will have 5 wires.
white right (+)
WHITE/ black           right (-)
grey   left (+)
grey/black            left (-)
brown or solid black (-) for LOC
you shouldn't need to ground this wire in most cases.
The rear speaker wires in your Accord are:
LR-blue/white (+)
LR-blue/black (-)
RR-pink       (+)
RR-blue / YELLOW(-)
Have fun and tell us how it sounds when your finished.
Be sure to use the search before you post, and as always , welcome to the12volt.com forums.
rtfm
dunn256 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

I not planning to replace the factory radio, so does the LOC  be installed behind the radio i know that but were are the five wires hook into.

presicon audio
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, to go into a little more detail. The wire colors above are for your car, you can access these wires from either behind the factory radio, or at the rear speakers. The easiest for you might be at the rear speakers, if they are mounted on the rear lid (trunk lid). The reason you want to use the rear speakers for the LOC's signal is because the factory radio does not have a subwoofer control, unless equipped with a factory sub. This way you can fade the fade to the front to lower the level of signal to your amp (ie. less bass).
If you install your LOC at the read speakers, use the wire colors in the post above. Attach your wires, and mount the LOC. If you choose to install it behind the factory radio, the wire colors will be the same, but you will need to uninstall the factory radio to the point you can safely connect your wires.
HERE IS A PDFfrom Metra for replacing the factory radio. You can use this as a guide to safely remove the factory radio, and follow the same steps in reverse to replace it. I hope this has answered all your questions.
Happy installing.
rtfm
dunn256 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help everything works 
presicon audio
emorej691977 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
I just wanna ask the connection guide upon the installation of 4CH hi/lo line out converter.
it consist of 4 channel speaker output, power, ground and remote wire
How do I connect the LOC in my Head unit and amplifier

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic