icon

parrot ck3100 locking up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nohandsjoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed several Parrot ck3100 kits using wiring harnesses from HFVT. I have used several harnesses for several different vehicles, but for some reason in Chevrolet trucks the kit wants to lock up when they shut off the key. The kit goes to the "Good Bye" screen and then stays there. There is nothing you can do to get the kit to change except to unhook the battery in the truck. Since it is being used in a Chevy, I have to hook up an ignition wire because there is not one on the stereo. I connect it directly to the ignition wire under the steering column. Also, the trucks are different years, all from 04 to 08, all without amps.  Has anyone run into this before? Parrot says to upgrade the software, which I have, and if it isn't that then it is the harness. I've tried both to no avail. They are also being used with different phones. Any help would be great. 
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
i havent heard of this but i would add a switch in line to cut power to the parrot see if that works. let me know
rtsv_dancro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

these vehicles monitor their acc status at all times and  react very strange when they detect a current draw or any change for that matter. i haven't installed one in a gm yet, but i have had to use relays to the acc power before. i also put a toggle in on an overhead video that was having strange power issues as well.

please let us know how this works out for ya!

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
- William Gibbs McAdoo
nohandsjoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have put switches in different vehicles for this company and the problem still exists. The strange thing is that all trucks are wired the same and some will have the problem and some will not. I just put a new junction box in one of the trucks that was having a problem, and it has been about a week and a half and I havn't heard from him. Parrot has replaced three of the boxes, but they act like it is something I am doing to them or it is the wiring harness that is causing it, although they wont tell me what the problem is either. Some of the oversees Parrot forums talk alot about a locking up issue, but it seems different than the problem I am having.
sirlongy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
dont know if this is same prob but have sort of experience something simalar the acc wire is still seeing some sort of voltage when vehicle is turnd off very very mineute .at first thought it was module so replaced it but still same prob so i put a diode (band facing the module ) in line with the acc wire and it seemed to fixed prob....
simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
I had this problem in an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  The screen would just stay at the goodbye meesage until you turned the key back on, it would operate properly, just never truly shut off.  I highly doubt that your issue is related to the vehicle your installing it in.   Sounds more like a hardware issue.  The particular parrot I had an issue with was actually muting the stereo at will. It seemed functional as far as handsfree was concerned but while sitting parked or going down the road it would mute the stereo randomly, sometimes for 30 seconds, sometimes indefinetly.
j brad 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
have had this a few times check that your acc is droping to 0 volts as a slight voltage with the key out will cause this.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic