icon

can bus wire bmw 745li

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksutton 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
hello can anyone help me I have a soundgate part canacc that give 12 volt ign. out in 2003 bmw 745 thru the can bus plug but have having a problem locating the can high and low wires can anyone tell me how to help find them
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure...Maybe at the ECU...???
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Something i found...No support for those vehicles...And the last one i saw was checking a cd changer in the trunk...Will post if i find anything further...

1. We recommend that the CAN HIGH and CAN LOW connections are picked up from the automatic gearbox ECU where possible, as this has the least amount of data flowing in the system. Note: it is also possible on some vehicles to pick up the CAN wires at the ignition switch, e.g. Mercedes.

2. Because manufacturers continually change the pin configuration of the plugs, it is advisable to pick up +POS and -NEG for powering the interface from an alternative supply, preferably a good ignition controlled regulated supply. A good earth is absolutely essential.

3. Connecting the CANBUS interface close to the ECU, say 5 to 10 cm away from the plug will allow room for the connectors. While the power wires CAN be extended, it is not advisable to extend the CAN HIGH and CAN LOW leads. If there is a need to extend the signal lead (orange), please ensure that it is run to its destination avoiding proximity to equipment that might give off pulses which could be picked up by this wire, such as ignition or heater fans, etc. Common sense tells you that each wire can become an aerial for extraneous signals within a vehicle environment.

4. Note that just because a vehicle has a CANBUS system, it does not necessarily mean that that CANBUS carries speed signal information. Also some vehicles can have more than one CANBUS network and usually only one carries the speed signal information.

Colour
I/O
Description
Black
I
Ground
Red
I
Module power +12v
Yellow
I
CAN HIGH (+ve)
Blue
I
CAN LOW (-ve)
Orange
O
Road speed output 12V square wave

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
What are you trying to achieve? There are still normal 12v ACC wires on that vehicle, look at cig lighter or ign leads, (Purple main colour) if laser plastic key follow the leads down to a square box, again a purple + secondary (Blue?) lead is ignition. Illumination will be grey with a secondary. CAN high low on BMWs for VSS is  a pair behind the instrument panel. Some still had analogue for that year, look for a BLACK/ white behind the instrument panel or at the amp at rear.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic