the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

valet 712t in 97 gmc truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
shirtshack wrote:
Oh ok, i thought the valet had the relays in it. no problem and thanks for your help
does it have a plug on it that has a purple, a blue/black, a GREEN/ black, a BROWN / black and a WHITE/ black. or does it just have the 2-pin( or 3-pin) plug with a green and a blue coming from it.
if it has the plug with the 5 wires then you wont need any relays, but if you just have the small plug with just the blue and the green then you will need to use external relays and wire them like the diagram.
shirtshack 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
It has two purple going into a fuse and it has blue/black, GREEN/ black
BROWN / black and white black.along with mutiple other wires that i wont use except for the parking light flash and horn honk. the whole plug has a total of 18 wires coming out of it
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
ok you wont need any relays. do you have the install maunal? it should show you how to wire it up to work your 5-wire lock system.
shirtshack 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i have it, but not sure about the purple wire , i take it that it needs 12 volts constant
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

yes the violet/black and violet which are common at the fuse holder require a twelve volts source which is at least capable of supplying 15 amps of current.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
shirtshack 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
I want to thank you very much for your help. Got it all working today, all except for the horn but only because i had to do some other things will get to that soon. I really appreciate your help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic