icon

toyota tacoma viper 5701 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2008 Tacoma DC. I installed my alarm about a 8-10 months ago. With in the last couple of months the remote start does not work. It will crank and crank but no starting. I re learned the the tach. I set the tach jumper to the lower setting and no go. I checked the pkt2 everything seams to be working there. I have not had time to really get into the system yet but it would be nice if anybody had any prior issues with this or suggestions. I did use the search button but had no luck.
I hope this covers everything
Thanks for the help in advance.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
try remote starting the truck with the key just in the ignition, not turned to anything. will it start? if so your bypass is the problem.
check the connection of your tach wire or change the alarm program to do voltage sensing instead of tach and try that.
also make sure your hoodpin (if installed?) isn't loose.
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I partially agree with "soundnsecurity". Sounds like immobilizer issue. If you grabbed tach at the diagnostic plug under dash you are good. I have literally done 12 Viper 5701 on these trucks in the last few months and that is exactly where you can grab tach. I doubt it is a loose hood pin or switch. If the (-) gray hood pin saw any kind of ground it won't even attempt R/S. Try the key in off position and R/S like mentioned above.
I did have one issue with a Tacoma where no matter how many times I programmed the bypass, it still wouldn't R/S. I had to use a 556uw and that took care of it. Good luck!
Big Al
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Try virtual tach setting. I usually like to use that for troubleshooting. If that is the trick then check your tach wire.
I believe it is an immobilizer issue though. As said before turn the key to ignition then try to remote start it. If it starts, then it is your bypass. If it does not check your ignition/accessory wire outputs at the brain.
Hood pin is not the case. It would not even try to start.
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of the help I tryed putting the key in the ignition but did not turn it to on. Duh.... I hope it just as simple as replacing the by pass. I need to find time to pull some dash pannels. I'll let everyone know thanks for the ideas.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
craniumvibratio wrote:
Thanks for all of the help I tryed putting the key in the ignition but did not turn it to on.
sooooooo, what happened when you tried to remote start it with the key resting in the ignition? did it start? if it still didnt start then the bypass probably isn't your problem. maybe a wire is loose at the ignition harness.
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yea same thing as usual. Just cranking and cranking. So let me get this straight. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position this will tell me whether or not I have a loose wire or not? This makes sense if this is what issue is. I will update after I have checked into it.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
well it wont tell you for sure if you have a loose wire. it just tells you whether or not the bypass is working. and you are not supposed to turn the key at all to do this test, just let it sit in the key cylinder and try to remote start it. if it magically starts then it is the bypass that is causing your problems. if it still wont start then you know it is not the bypass.
after you have done that, THEN you can do the same thing except turn the key to ACC and repeat. if it starts, then you know there is something wrong in the ignition harness. if it still wont start, turn the key to ON(not start) and do the same thing.
if none of this works then you should check your tach wire if it's installed or maybe increase the crank time just a little bit. if you are not sure how to change the programming then you should take it to a shop because if you accidentally change something that isn't supposed to be changed then it is a pita to figure out what it was and change it back.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic