sub box sucking air

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diggit44 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
thatfloorguy wrote:

Are the side panels set in to allow for that or are you screwing into nothing? You are probably  leaking air.

o yea the sides are inset 3/4'' in
1995 jeep wrangler 4X4
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

He was not questioning the length of the screws, he was commenting on how far inward the screws are on the left and right of the box.  Do you have the endcaps recessed a bit?

1.25 inch screws are a bit short.  1-5/8 would probably help out in the long run.

diggit44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

He was not questioning the length of the screws, he was commenting on how far inward the screws are on the left and right of the box.  Do you have the endcaps recessed a bit?

1.25 inch screws are a bit short.  1-5/8 would probably help out in the long run.

yes thy are recessed i cant stand people that thik there box is the doodie and have the screws sticking out
1995 jeep wrangler 4X4
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
diggit44 wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:

yes thy are recessed i cant stand people that thik there box is the doodie and have the screws sticking out

I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean... but at 1.81 cu-ft your enclosure seems way too small to me and your port looks like it would be tuned way too high, so I bet the sound you are hearing is port noise in too high a frequency band.  I say your problems are being caused by incorrect enclosure design.  By the way, air always flows both directions through a port, so "sucking in" or "blowing out" has no meaning because that's what they are supposed to do. 

Support the12volt.com
diggit44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
diggit44 wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:

I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean... but at 1.81 cu-ft your enclosure seems way too small to me and your port looks like it would be tuned way too high, so I bet the sound you are hearing is port noise in too high a frequency band.  I say your problems are being caused by incorrect enclosure design.  By the way, air always flows both directions through a port, so "sucking in" or "blowing out" has no meaning because that's what they are supposed to do. 

i sucks more than it blows. but i dont hear any thing i found this out i trew a gummy worm in the back and it was getting sucked in lol.
1995 jeep wrangler 4X4
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

The port is sucking in and blowing out at a rate of 20 to 100 times a second.  You can not see this. 

What exactly is going on that makes you think it is sucking air? 

So it was the Gummy Worm that told you. Maybe he just wanted to rock, and he was crawling to the source of the rockin', or the Fresh Beats.
Have you set the Gummy Worm on the top of the box to see which way he goes without the air of the port to influence his path?
Is the car possibly parked on a slight incline and the bass is moving the worm, and maybe gravity is pulling him to the rear of the box?
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, I hate gummy worm bass.  It sticks to my teeth.
Support the12volt.com
thatfloorguy 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I thought I was being......................course I am barely not a rook.
thatfloorguy 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
My apologies. I meant no disrespect.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
No need for apologies. I didn't even take it that way. I am sorry if for making you feel as though you needed to apologize. What are we even talking about. In order to not incriminate myself for being ........, I deleted that post.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic