icon

dei sidewinder 6500hf locked out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbo2009 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone can help? I have a car with a DEI Sidewinder 6500HF that I need to simply program a remote and I am locked out. Can't find the exact manual (only finding 6500ESP). It is clear I am locked out, but this thing does not appear to have a bitwriter interface so I have no clue how to unlock the damn thing. The alarm does work since disconnecting it does set off the horn and lights. The door sensor (power drop) does work since that was just tested. I can put the alarm in valet mode and then take it out of valet mode which is a good test of the ignition, the led light and the valet button itself. The only thing that happens when I try to program it is the led light comes on once, but I can never get the chirp while holding the valet button. Sequence is, 1) enter vehicle, 2) put key in and turn to on, 3) press and release the valet button once, 4) press and hold the valet button. Never get the chirp after holding many seconds.
cbo2009 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention this is on a 2000 Honda Accord. Thanks.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
make sure door is open
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a remote that worked with the alarm at one point? What is the model number of the remote? what color is the led on the remote? If its red, I don't believe you program it using the valet button. You will have to scratch traces on the circuit board.
cbo2009 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
I had a tester hooked up to the wire that senses changes in power when the door is opened or closed. That is not the issue.
The remote is a 485. The light on it is green. That remote went for a swim (accidentally) a couple of months ago and did not work since that day.
I am curious to know what is meant by scratching the board?
cbo2009 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Couple of points of interest.
First, I was curious and did a search on the web and found that the remote I have (485) and alarm (sidewinder 6500HF) states that the remote type as "Learn" not "Scratch".
And second, I do know that the remotes came preprogrammed from the factory.
Finally, I looked for any stickers inside the remote that might indicate a scratch code. Nothing. I did also notice outside the remote (near the model number) it states that the remote is a 266 rolling codes remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic