icon

compustar one way problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Reefkpr 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2009 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Lately my Compustar 2wass has been giving me trouble. My one-way small remote seems to work intermittently. It usually will not lock or unlock the car. It seems to only work when it's cold outside. My two-way remote works fine. I have tried changing the batteries and even replaced the remote with no help. Anyone ever experienced this before?? Thanks in advance.
skwearl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

You say you have changed out the remote.  Try changing out the antenna wire, the antenna itself. 

Reefkpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I will look into this. Why would the 2-way work though if the antenna was bad?
Reefkpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
haven't tried the antenna yet. I'm having a hard time finding one. I was wondering why my two way works but I cannot seem to get my one way working. It works very intermittently. Please help.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Try taking it to the shop that installed it. They should be able to take care of the problem for you.
BTW, I put a 2wss system in my car as well as some customer cars and had transmission issues between the remote and brain with all of them. We've since switched them out to the 900fm systems and haven't had any problems. I've been told that they have fixed the issues with the new systems.
Reefkpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the system myself. Purchased alarm from ebay so my system is not covered by warranty. I don't know if I should by antenna or just purchase a new alarm system. Everything is working ok with my two way remote my one way just has stopped responding.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
Because of the means in which you got the alarm, you are pretty much out of luck. Had you gone through authorized channels, you would have support from Compustar and the authorized dealer to fix the problem. As a dealer myself, I have no sympathy.
Reefkpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not looking for sympathy. I did the install because I'm very picky about my car and how the system is wired. I took the time to solder all my connections. Most install shops in my area would not take the time to do the install like I did. I also saved several hundred dollars by installing myself. I could purchase 3 alarm systems for the money I saved. So anyway not asking for sympathy just some help from some experts on troubleshooting my problem.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I've only installed a couple of Compustar units, but I'd have to agree with the others: If you've already replaced the remote, probably the only thing left is the antenna.
I know what you're saying: The two-way remote works fine, so why should the antenna be bad?   Well, you have a point there. I really don't know.
Nowadays, the Compustar systems are sold differently: First, you buy the brain and wiring. Then, you buy another package which has two remotes and an antenna. You'd choose the antenna/remote package based on the features and range you want.
If you don't mind spending the money, now might be a good time to simply buy a complete new antenna/remote package, and you could take the opportunity to upgrade at the same time.
Reefkpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
To all that have tried to help thank you. I figured out my problem. The replacement remote I received was the wrong one. My old one way had a cold solder joint. Used a heat gun to reflow the solder and all is well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic