icon

08 colorado door trigger problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ldm666 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Just put a Commando 520 alarm with keyless entry in my 08 Colorado. The alarm works, but I seem to be having problems with the door trigger for the alarm detecting the open/closed doors. I have verified that I have the correct wires for each door and they are negative triggers. I also diode isolated the wires to prevent any signal problems. However, the alarm does not seem to recognize when the doors are open. It will alarm as though the doors are closed if they are open or closed.
I also get the door chime for driving with the door open and the DIC message DOORS sometimes, usually if I am turning left. And after I arm the alarm, about a minute later it will beep 3 times for the door ajar warning, but still continue to operate normally. When I disarm it, it beeps 2 times for normal disarm.
I've checked and rechecked the wiring for shorts and problems, however, I cannot find anything wrong. Any ideas would be great, I'm not really sure what else to try at this point.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
What wires/locations did you use and what did the voltages do for the door triggers?
Should be all at the BCM in passenger kick. Also what size diodes are you using?
It should stay at 12volts then drop to zero when you open the door for that trigger.
If all those are correct is it a possibility you have the diodes backwards? lol
ldm666 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the 2 connections are on the black BCM connector, grey/black and light GREEN/ black. Diodes are 1 watt, but I've even tried hooking up to just one trigger at a time without the diodes and I get the same thing.
ldm666 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
No one else has any other ideas? Maybe I got a bad alarm unit then. Not the first time I've had something like this happen, I work for a computer company.
yimke 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
color does not matter at this point.
What does the actual voltage do when the door is closed? and when it is open on one of the wires?
It should stay at 12volts when door closed and 0 volts when door is open.
By possibility did you accidently hook up the + trigger wire from the alarm not the - trigger?
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
It should be 12v closed but, Then ground when open. Right?
Can you use the under dash light?
Test that with a DVM then use the correct input + or -
ldm666 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the color is important. I verified that those wires are the door triggers with a DMM and that they are negative triggers (goes from 12V closed to 0V open).
I have also tried hooking up the negative wire to ground and the alarm still functions the same. I have also tested the wire from the alarm to verify it is a negative trigger wire and it tests 12V while disconnected. The wire also sees the door opening and closing when using a DMM, but the alarm unit does not seem to recognize the voltage change. Aside from a bad unit, I really can't think of anything else it could be at this point.
yimke 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Mike- Sorry I usually mean 0volts is ground. Just failed to mention it.
As far as your brain I would say it is definitely shot if you touched a ground on your negative input when it is armed and it did not go off. See if it is still under warranty.
ldm666 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
It is, I'm just waiting to here back from the company. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything during the install. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic