icon

lexus gs300 trunk sensor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flatlineboi55 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 94 lexus gs 300 and I cant get the trunk sensor to work I am trying to tap into the trunk light so as soon as the light goes on the alarm will sound.. I have tested the 2 wires coming from the light and as soon as the light turn on both wires show as being positive I cannot find a negetive or ground that will trip the alarm.. I am just wondering how i would go about trying to tap into these wires and make the alarm recognize the trunk being opened...If anyone can help me out i would appreciate it very very much.. I am a newbie with alarms so can you explain it in the simplest terms possible.
the car is a 94 lexus gs 300
and the alarm is a viper 5900
i am hooking up the wire to the trunk trigger which should be a negative trigger...
any help would be great
flatlineboi55 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
just to add both wires on the light show being grounded when the trunk is closed and as it is opened both show positive neither are a ground when the light is on
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
go to the switch should be a RED / white negative there or might be under the sill plate on drivers side area also
flatlineboi55 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
go to the switch should be a RED / white negative there or might be under the sill plate on drivers side area also
what is the sill plate is that another word for the kick panel???? anyone else
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
no. the sill is right next to the seat, and bottom of door when closed.
look at wire coming from the latch. there might be couple of wires color thats the same, just test it w/ a DMM or light.
lexus gs300 trunk sensor? -- posted image.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

First disconnect the wiring connector from the light bulb before you test otherwise BOTH will show pos 'cause you are feeding through the bulb's filament, second, look at the trunk latch, take away the trim from the rear panel and you will see a micro-switch attached to the locking mechanism with a single wirer coming off it. (The body is grounded). That wire will only go to ground when the trunk is open, unless the switch is faulty (extremely unlikely, it's not a VW Golf).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic