icon

07 escape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stryped 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me what product is needed to bypass the factory security system on an 07 Escape. I believe it has securlock. It also has some sort of factory security system as I accidently set it off and the horn beeped. (This is my wife's car).

She expressed interest in a remote starter and I was just curious. I have found a part number 555T and 555S as well as a 555U. i am not sure what the difference is.

Thanks for your help I am learnign alot talkign to you guys!

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
i like using the ford bypasses as you dont need to lose a key just program the module using two programmed keys
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
stryped 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Is that a Ford dealer only product and how much are they?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
555T: no idea.
555U: it's a universal bypass module, good for most type of cars with transponder-based systems. You'd put one of your spare keys inside this box. The key remains there forever, or at least until you decide to remove the remote starter from the car.
(Again, for clarification: with the 556U, you lose the use of one of your keys.)
556S: Simply a 556U with a blank Ford key inside, and I think it probably comes with instructions on how to program the Ford key to the car.
Another option: Get a 556U (or similar device from competing brands), and put your own Ford key inside. You can of course get a key at a Ford dealer, but there are other options.......mis-cut keys from locksmiths, junkyards, used car dealers, et cetera.
Any late-model Ford key with the super-long head (Mazda, Ford, Mercury, Lincoln) should work, new or used.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes they are a dealer item you can get them at the parts dept    there usually about 50 bucks
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Your Escape has two theft deterrent systems installed.
One is the content protection system that you heard go off accidentally. This system is the traditional 'alarm' that you heard honking the horn. You interface with this using the aftermarket system's factory alarm arm and disarm outputs by tapping into wires in the vehicle.
The other is the passive antitheft system Ford uses to prevent hot wiring of the vehicle. You would typically interface this system with some type of module. You mention a couple of options in your post. Here are my thoughts on the different types of bypasses you listed. The placement of the pellet on the 555S is critical and can be a PITA. The key-in-a-box style has proven reliable for years. If you are going to use a key-in-a-box style I strongly recommend following Chris' advice and purchase an additional key for this purpose.
There is another option for interfacing with the securilock system that ties directly into the data wiring eliminating the need to lose a key, fight with placing the pellet, or use a ring around the key cylinder. Here is one brand that works for your 07 Escape: link. I have used this kit almost exclusively since it was released and have not looked at any other style since.
Also, if I remember correctly the 555T was an interface for GM VATS vehicles.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic