icon

viper 5901 on 2007 mazda3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uoftguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
I'd like to install a Viper 5901 on my 2007 mazda 3 that already has keyless entry and alarm from the factory.
I will be using (-) DISARM and ARM outputs on Viper Harness#2, H2/1 and H2/2 to disarm and arm the factory alarm so both systems are still working. My question is, will this also unlock and lock the doors at the same time?
If yes...my car has factory progressive unlocking, so will this be maintained just by using H2/1?? For example, one pulse from H2/1 to the Factory Disarm wire disarms the Factory alarm plus unlocks drivers door and 2nd pulse from H2/1 will open remaining doors?
If H2/1 and H2/2 do unlock and lock doors via factory disarm/alarm signals, do I even need to use the viper 3-pin door harness with DEI451M relay and H2/6 2nd unlock output?
If this does NOT happen as stated above, how will I do progressive unlocking? Will I need FIVE 5-wire relays (1) H2/1 Factory disarm (2) H2/2 Factory arm (3) Driver door unlock (4) H2/6 Power unlock (5) Power lock??? Relays (3) and (5) being the DEI 451M connected to the 3-pin door harness off the brain.
Hopefully someone who's worked on FORD/MAZDA systems can help me out...I want to do all my research prior to even attempting. Thanks.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
it will do locks as well and usually it will not do progressive based on the length of the pulse that the viper sends out. I know on compustars they only require the unlock wire as the pulse is long enough. You will most likely see that the viper will unlock the drivers door and right after the other doors will unlock
uoftguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2009 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
chadwa2003 wrote:
it will do locks as well and usually it will not do progressive based on the length of the pulse that the viper sends out. I know on compustars they only require the unlock wire as the pulse is long enough. You will most likely see that the viper will unlock the drivers door and right after the other doors will unlock
Thank you for the reply. Viper has the option of changing the "Door lock output duration", default is 0.8 sec but it can be set to 0.4 sec. Will that duration still cause the other doors to unlock? If it doesn't (which is what i want), will a second press or pulse to H2/1 then unlock the remaining doors?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
no, it will unlock all doors. I went w/ the diagram provided by ppl on here.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic