the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

6x9 components, need your opinions.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
terry osborn 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hope this finds all doing well this morning.
Seeking your proffesional advise,and understanding that opinions are like.....Well you know? "Audio preferences"and everybody has one.:)
Application: 1997 Dodge Extended cab 3500 4x4.
Audio system being installed:
Kenwood mod#KDC-MP728
Kicker mod#KQ-9,Preamp\EQ
Kicker mod#KX-650.4 (Thanks to "I am" for help with the repair)
Kicker mod#KX-600.1
Kicker mod#RS-6.5 components(Rear fill in b pillars)
(1)Kicker S10L-5 dual 4 ohm wired for 2 ohm load. Custom downfire sub-box built from 3\4"mdf and fiberglass replaces the front-center seat cushion.
Oh yeah, Dynamat Exteme everywhere it'll stick.
Now... The truck had the "Premium Infinity"....(almost choked on that one)system.
Should i just stick with another set of RS-6.5's for the front doors or is there a decent quality 6x9 component set for under $500.00 list.
I value everyones input on this matter,so let me know what you think. Thanks.
I've noticed one thing about "Experts". When one shows up,someone gets hurt!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hi there.  IMO, "decent quality" and "6X9" do not belong in the same sentence.  I suggest installing components with standard 6.5" round woofers for best sound quality.  You can purchase or easily make a mounting adapter to fit a 6.5 into your factory 6X9 openings.
Support the12volt.com
terry osborn 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks,I had thought this,but wondered if something had changed.What brand would you recommend in a 6.5 component set,based upon what i'm working with?
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I mean no offense when I say this, but not Kicker. I am not coming down on you, I think there is better equipment especially the money you are willing to pay. I am not trying to be harsh!
Big Al
terry osborn 
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
No problem,but do understand that all the listed equipment is new,was made in 2006,but never installed,and purchased for $800.00 with full mfg warranty. All i'm after is one set of door components to complete the install and wanted some opinions and experiences with what's out there.So please don't think i'm being harsh by saying if your going to "kick" the Kicker,then plug your fav brand,So i have another valid choice to consider.
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I think you can do better than the dynamat.  that stuff is expensive.  I favor second skin.    http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index.php
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
terry osborn wrote:
No problem,but do understand that all the listed equipment is new,was made in 2006,but never installed,and purchased for $800.00 with full mfg warranty. All i'm after is one set of door components to complete the install and wanted some opinions and experiences with what's out there.So please don't think i'm being harsh by saying if your going to "kick" the Kicker,then plug your fav brand,So i have another valid choice to consider.
Fair enough! I don't have these particular speakers, but I have heard them. Rockford just released not too long ago their new Punch 6 1/2 components. I was impressed by the way they sounded. Great mid-bass and the tweeters sounded great. They were not obtrusive at all. A Rockford P400-4 amp was driving a set of these. And the new terminals were strong as $h!t. What I don't like are the Alpine Type S components. I tried these and was not impressed. Extremely inefficient.
Big Al
terry osborn 
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
I know Rockford had been once a topdog contender,but don't hear much about them anymore.I have several sources for Rockford that are local,so i think i'll check it out.
Thanks for your time and response.
djjosehernandez 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
in my opinion 6x9 are trash in my opinion i would fabricate a 6.5 plate and add 6.5 conponents my pererence mb quart 612 model they rock and for a desent price
jc hdez

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic