icon

neons/lighting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
~pj~ 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

i am in the process of building a new speaker box. i want to put led/neon  tube lights on the box and the string leds on my dash. i have never done any work with the lights b4 so i have no idea wut i need or wut to do. i want the lights to go with the bass and just be lit when the car is off but i want a separate switch to be able to turn it on/off so i dont get pulled over.

how would i hook this up?
do i need special lights or something?
how can i hook it up without killing my battery?
if this helps i helps i have 2 15" kicker L7s run by a lanzar amp, 2 12" fusion powerplants run by a fusion amp, and 2 fusion 6.5" speakers run on another amp all in my box. the subs are connected to a secondary battery which is run parrellel to the main battery under tha hood i have another battery i could use if needed. all the subs are in seperate chambers. i have a 10 farad capacitor.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

firstly, you're in the wrong fourum, hence your no reply situation, but i'll help you anyway i'll try answering yur questions in the order you asked

1) power and ground to the lights, fuse your power at around five amps or so

2) yes, for the lights to dance to your beats u would require neons that do this

3) well you solved this yourself, your're putting a on/off toggle switch on the power line to take it off when not in use and to prevent you from being pulled over.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Topic moved to correct forum.

neons/lighting -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
~pj~ 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
how do i make it so that the they are lit up at night when the ignition is off with out killing my battery
bigjohnny 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2009 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
just buy a sound module, there are lots available, they will allow you to select between on, off, and flash.
there are tons of lights available marketed to do just this. once you have that you can get creative with it and maybe remote mount the mic and switch so you can hide the box.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

~pj~ wrote:
how do i make it so that the they are lit up at night when the ignition is off with out killing my battery

Get more batteries.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic