icon

silverado sierra remote start 2008

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikz86ta 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so I read I think all the ones I have searched on this subject but there are some things that differ from what I am doing. So bare with me here.

I am working on a 2008 Sierra Reg Cab 4.8L WT. Did not have any OEM power options. Basic truck. Easy right? LOL I added aftermarket power locks.

I am working with an Omega Excalibur AL-1810-EDP 2way remote start alarm. All works great xcept RS. Noticing originally that the security message would appear on the display, we called for a bypass. That was iDatalink Solo ADS-DLSL GM.

The sec message no longer comes on. But still no kick over with the RS function. All elce like radio and ac comes on.

I also did DEI TechDoc 1605. Now it uses a 9.6k resistor inline from the Starter wire (from alarm/rs) and a 6.3k resistor inline from the 2nd Ign/ACC wire (from alarm/rs). Now maybe I didnt program the Pink-White to ACC from 2nd IGN....could that be my issue? Because both after their respected resistors tap onto the pink-wh or pink-black (pink-black on my truck) wire of the truck on the BCM side of the relay you wire in. Could it be that when the starter wire is sending signal that the ign is sending signal and causing issues...whereas the acc output would be off during the start cycle?

BTW, my resistors arent dead on. Closest I could find is 6.2K 1/2w 2% and 10K 1/2w 2%. If my calculations are ok then that is close enough within tolerance?

THX, Michel

Professional
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you have to program 2nd ignition as second accessory. It will only crank when it sees accessory drop off and ignition on. That should take care of it.
Big Al
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
I would reprogram the ACC wire first as stated above.
Did you program your tach?
And as a last resort I would change your 10k resistance. I don't think it is close enough. Try all this then let us know.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
these trucks are a breeze, just program a blank circle plus key(howard keys or locksmith) and put it in a universal (d.e.i. 556u or audiovox astcbm) 1 ign,(pink) 1 acc,(brown) 12 volts(RED / blk back of fusebox), ground,brake lights,tach,(blue underhood at injector harness) neg pk lites(lt blue neg at switch) voila

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic