icon

bamf 2000/1d amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
methos123 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone used or seen used this amplifier? I have just purchased it for my set up. I was looking for some real world experience/thoughts about this amp...is it rated right and things like that. I need a solid 800 RMS out of it.
thanks.
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
just wondering, why buy the amp, then ask if it is good?  I have never installed it, or seen it.  How many ohms will you be using it at?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have yet to see a 2000.  But I have repaired several of the 5500s.  The 5500s have 2 large inductors that break.  They are victims of not having anything to mount the heavy core and wires to the circuit board.  They will have something to take care of this on the next revision.  I have no idea how long they have been selling the amp, but I have repaired about 10 of them in the last 2 months.  If your amp has the black plexi cover with the 2 LEDs at the top center of the cover.  You might want to take it apart before you play it so you can put some silicone adhesive on the inductor(s).  Your amp may have only 1.  If you do take the cover off, you will have trouble getting the LEDs to go back into the holes they came out of.  With a sharp 3/16 drill bit.  No drill, just the bit in your hand, position the drill bit in the hole of one of the LEDs and turn the drill bit by hand untill it makes one complete revolution.  This will make a funnel on the cover so you can get the LEDs back into the holes.  The inductors are the smaller wire wound round cores.  The transformer of the amp has at least 8 connections to the circuit board.  The Inductor will have 2 or maybe 4 connections to the board.  The inductor is the one that you want to place some silicone on it so it attaches itself to the circuit board.    The silicone is hard to remove, try not to get it all over the surface mounted components near the inductor(s).
methos123 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your input "I am an Idiot." I will take your words into consideration. I don't know if I will open it up and tinker though. It has a 2 year warranty on it, and if I open it up they will void the warranty.
Glass22, I have done research on different amps and it came down to this one and a zx750.1. I could not justify spending $90 more for the kicker. I will be using it at 2 ohms by the way.
thanks for your responses.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic