the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

i hate my stereo make it stop whining

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
jdawg454 wrote:

I've read through most of that, as stated before I have been doing installs for quite some time and have never run into this problem that wasn't essily fixable. This is more of a "What am I missing" question lol.  

I was asking what you meant by: "main power ground return resistance to the case of your alternator". There are 2 wires on most alternators, mine in particular, neither of which are grounds. So are you asking what the resitance is from say the post on the alternator to the mounting bracket? I'm not following you there. Please clarify if possible.

Thanks.

The outside case of the alternator that is bolted to the engine is the actual primary grounding point in your car. Using an ohm meter, measure the resistance from the amplifier ground terminal to the case of the alternator.  The engine should be off when you do this (and the system is off as well.)  If it's greater than about 1 ohm you need to improve your ground return.  Upgrading the Big 3 can help.  This is described in more detail in the "What is a Proper ground" posting.

Support the12volt.com
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I bet its somthing simple he is missing
like a pinched speaker wire or RCA ground
Im sorry I didnt read all the post till now
???No amp on the DA speakers????
If only amps on the subs then use a diff source like a video game system pluged in to the amp.
BE SURE TO TURN YOUR GAIN ALL THE WAY DOWN 1ST!
then after you plug in turn it up a lil
I use a hand held all in 1 video game system to test if the RCAs are bad or if the sending unit is providing the noise.
If the video game still makes noise to the subs then it points to the amps/wiring/subs or that area
Are the amps tied together? rca in then out to the other amp?
That would be a ground flob between the amps from the rcas.
just tryin to think of anything for ya,,,,Mmmmm
Have you tried to ground the outside of the RCA?
lemeno
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic