honda civic 2007 subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sublinux 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hey,
i want to change the factory subwoofer by a new one. I got the full equip Civic 2007. I think the sub at the back is a 8" and there is maybe a amplifier but i dont know where.. Anyway.. i need some help .. The new sub will be in a Sealed box with an amplifier (Clarion APX2120 Fuse on it at 25A) cutting the existing wire on the subwoofer and using a line output converter then a Y splitter to the amplifier. What AWG do you recommend me? 10 or 12 AWG ? Battery is in the front of the car.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

For the line out converter, you really need to look into an SNI-35.  pac-audio.com   It is designed to connect to the output of the factrory amplifier.  No Y adapter needed.  There are 2 sets of speaker wires on the adapter.  Connect both sets of wires to the one set of wires going to your factory woofer.  If you are ever in question about what size wire to use.  Use the heavier wire.  The 12 Ga. will probably work.  But the larger the wire the less voltage drop it will have.  The 12 will work, but the 10 will work better.

sublinux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, the 10 AWG will be fine no? 8 AWG will be useless ? And i forget... Where do i connect the remote of the amplifier?
sublinux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
No way how?? Maybe there alerdy a REM to the factory amplifier? But where is the amplifier
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Look for a converter that has a turn on built in. It does NOT look as if the pac piece has one?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic