icon

new bt h/u can't access all contacts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raylo 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
While moving, that is. The unit is a JVC KW-NT1 and it is connected by the book with the parking brake wire connected to the proper place to ensure video lockout while moving. I am NOT interested in bypassing this feature.
But the BT hands free dialing menu prevents me from even scrolling beyond the very first screen of contacts while moving. There are no VSS connections so this can only be sensing motion from the GPS. This makes the BT hands free next to useless.
I don't think this is a legal issue like the video. And the h/u has several other functions where you can indeed scroll through many screens with selectable soft buttons, like going from FM1 to FM2 to FM3 to AM to SAT, each with 6 preset choices. That isn't locked out... but scrolling through several screens each with 5 saved contacts is locked out? Makes no sense at all.
Is this typical of most manufacturers? Do other guys handle this different/better?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can you access these features with the emergency brake on?
raylo 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
I solved this. I didn't think that grounding the parking brake wire would work since the thing was getting speed sense from the GPS. Stopped at a traffic light, could access all contacts. Moving >6 mph, not. I grounded the wire anyway and sure enough that overrode the speed sense and all locked out functions are operable, even some I will never use while moving. But scrolling screens of preset saved contacts and dialing one is no different than scrolling radio bands and selecting a radio station. I don't know why one is locked out and not the other. Not an issue for me anymore. :-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic